Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Might need a bit more to go on here. There are quite a few with roof top sections now.

was it on the main road, down a beach road, inland?

Big or small place?

Can you narrow down Calangute/ Candolim at all? Or can you remember anything nearby or was it fairly isolated.

The other thing is, you'l be amazed at how quicklyit all comes back to you even after a llong break of not visiting. The area isn;t that big after all
Fritz, it was probably more in the Candolim area and I think it may have been between the main road and the beach. I think it was reached by going off the main road down a sort of dirt track but its all very vague. It was not a big place - it probably only had about 20 to 50 rooms. The rooftop bar may have had walls shaped like a castle - but I may have imagined that !!

I've just had a look at a couple of photos we had taken at the table whilst we had our meal and it all looks so nice - very frustrating I cannot remember the name or place. The British tour companies that used this hotel always seemed to mention this famous chef in their brochures, I think that is why we went in the first place.
beegee - there is a restaurant called Xavier's Beach Resort in Candolim. He used to be a chef on BA and he used to have photos on a wall taken with famous people and if you named the famous peope, you could have a port wine or feni on the house. Although, someone told me recently that he has either sold this place or is selling it - anyone else know?? You could watch the sun go down from the roof top bar. Could this be the place you are talking about?
Sounds like Xaviers to me too. Supposed to be a VERy good restaurant but i've never eaten there. It is small hotel/ guest house.

It is close to the T junction in Candolim with the Casablanca Hotel between it and the beach.

It's down the beach road with some very nice properties around it. Wooded area on the right as you walk down the road. On the corner of the Beach Road is Bom Successo. Casa Sea Shell (very nice gardens) is sort of opposite.

Arabian Nights Restaurant is further down on the left.

This whole area is at the Southern end of Candolim Beach, close to Sinquerim Beach. If you ask for the Casablanca or Bom Successo or less so Casa Sea Shell then you're almost on top of it.

They have an e-mail address which is admin@xavierbeachresort.com
Yes, Xavier and his wife have retired, and the guest house has new owners, and a lot of new staff, the present owners are in the process of building new rooms and a pool which were progressing well mid jan.

but the food is still lovely
Yes thats it - Xaviers :D many thanks to Flip, Fritz and train robber :thanks . Pity Xavier is not there any more but pleased the restaurant is still open and is now on my list to go back again. Good to hear its still got its good reputation for the food.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.