Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
bom successo probably, just like eric and his old man, apart from there i like ruffles too, normally have a good laugh with the staff!
Probably Mango Grove , had some good nights in there on our Xmas 2006 holiday, more of a bar / eaterie really , I like the location, you can watch the world go by :cheers
Ruffles as comedian was good in 2008
Havali, Teama & The Pub (opposite Newtons upstairs) all reasonably priced
we always go to the Sports Bar in Candolim, staff are friendly the drinks are a little bit more expensive than other places in goa
I really liked Horizon bar at the top of the road of Whispering Palms / Sunset Beach - possibly one of the best g&t's I had :)
Babutes Bar (above the shops) usually call in there if we are eating at Maggies or anywhere else around Holiday Street. Great place to watch the hustle and bustle going on. Not sure whether its in Candolim as it seems to be the border of Calangute/ Candolim....Keith
any more to add? Are there ones in a great setting?
From next year Pete and Tish (ex countryside bar) will be taking over the Viva bar opposite Newtons supermarket ;)
I like anywhere with a bit of music ....Ruffles..Havali, and the stone house we went to sweet chilly in november the music was good but the meal was one of the worst ever we have had in goa
There is still so many we want to try for food and music ...I would go in and out of hotels too to see if they have any music or shows on and go in there just for a few drinks and the music .....colleen
Our favourite bars this season were Viva Bar and Full Moon

FTV - We knew Pete was looking into taking over Viva, but we thought this was on behalf of Peter and Depak (also ex Countryside) they've both been working in a small hotel in Panjim this last season. Viva is a good size bar and will be great for quiz nights, it was always packed on a Wednesday night in the Countryside for the quiz. It would be nice if they kept Predy on at Viva he's a nice lad and always good with customers.

Debs
Good news that, missed Pete this season. Would be a good place for a few meet-ups maybe ? Decent tidy bar and good location.
Sorry Spike but which of the two pubs do you think would be good for a meet up? (having a blonde moment sorry :duh )
Great news about Viva Bar as great location and when we visited this year all it lacked was customers, which I am confident will change if Pete takes over

Great for quizzes and a late drink - lets hope there will be quizzes and late drinks next year!!!
Gemma It's got to be Viva without a doubt!

Debs
It's an upstairs bar above the shops opposite Newtons Supermarket, great for people watching.
I spoke to Pete last week and he told me about it, don`t know all the ins and outs but it sounds good to me :tup
Its in a great location, and would be great for meet ups!!!
Now then where do i start !!!!!

Teama bar
Sunnyside bar
Ruffles
Horizon
Shivers
Fishermans cove
Mango Grove
Cactus Bar
The Carvery ( on beach road on the left upstairs )

Relaxing bars

The Riverside Bar and Restaurant
Amigo's under the Nerul bridge and watch the sunset
Bhatti Bar all these three bars are in Nerul Village

Calangute a really fun night is the Palm tree opp the public bar as you walk down to the beach upstair on the left it is a family run pub, Karaoke night is not your average karaoke but i will not say anymore and leave it upto you.
Molly Malones has some good nights.

Anyway i must go now ( but i am not sure which bar ) i think it will be one that i haven't mentioned the Anand bar in Nerul Village, yes you know the one Colleen lol.

Bye for now

Mike
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.