Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
compering a mongrel to a labrador !!! get your a=== to the capo!!
griff.
I had a tough decision trying to choose between the Capo and Sunrise. Ending up booking Sunrise for next year basically on location.....and that my husband liked the pool better... :roll: :lol:

From what I have read they are both excellent hotels and you will have a fab time in either. :D
Hi Belynda!
We got back last night after spending a fantastic two weeks at the Capo Bay ( me, hubby and two girls). We stayed in a family room and we had read a few dodgy reviews from this site so were a little worried too. We have also stayed at the Sunrise Beach three years ago and I've got to say that the rooms could do with a change of curtains and bed-covers. However!- please dont let this put you off- the rooms are cleaned thoroughly every day, towels changed daily, beach towels changed daily, air conditioning was fantastic, and the staff were excellent. Breakfast was the same as the Sunrise and the sunbed reservation is the same too. You dont spend long enough in the room to let it spoil your holiday so I honestly wouldnt worry! Hope you have a fantastic time- I'm really jealous!! :cry:
Hi Folks,

In my humble opinion the grounds are better at the capo bay but i prefer the pool at the sunrise beach,also i like the gym better at the sunrise. I believe that the capo bay has tea and coffee making facilities where the sunrise doesnt. If as one member says its like comparing a mongrel to a labrador then in many brochures the prices are more or less identical, if the capo bay is a lot better than why is it not more expensive,and also dont forget the all the guests at the pallini opposite have their breakfast at the capo bay.Its all a matter of opinion but i prefer the sunrise beach.
Thanks for the replies and appreciate any more views.

3 weeks to go so I will find out I expect. Just when you hear the shabby reviews it becomes a bit worrying.
Hi there. We stayed at the Capo Bay last October on our honeymoon and were upgraded to a Superior Sea View Room, which was on ground level and overlooked the pool and the sea directly.

The rooms were very clean and tidy and the maid cleans every day and makes the bed. Some of the furniture is a bit dated, but we had two chairs and a table, fridge, television, plenty of wardrobe space, a safe, a mirror with lights and a huge double bed, probably a queen size it was massive. The bathroom was big, with bath, powerful shower over bath and two sinks. The decor is not modern by any means, but neither is it shabby in my opinion.

We had a great stay at the Capo Bay and are saving to go back for our fifth anniversary, so that we can do the same holiday again.

The hotel and its facilities are all great, especially the sunbed reservation scheme and the beach towels that are provided. The beach is just across the path at the back of the hotel and down some steps. The hotel grounds are secure and you can leave everything safely while you swim in the sea.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and can't wait to get back there.
Sorry, just to clarify where I said our room was ground level, our room was about 3 levels up if you were looking at it from the outside, but it was ground level for us to walk in the hotel, as you go down steps to go outside to the beach. Hope you understand this! We had a great view from our room. We arrived in the dark at 3am and could hear the sea but had no idea what the view was like until we woke up at 8am and saw the lovely sea outside.
I got married in cyprus 3 years ago and stayed in a superior room at the capo bay. it was a little dissappointing, the seaview was not exactly brilliant, when you look out of the balcony, the adjacent apartment juts out next to you which crops your view and makes it feel a little claustrophobic. The rooms are not very big for a superio room, just a bit larger than average, enough to get a double at one end and a single next to the patio doors, although carpets in the room do make it feel a bit more luxurious.

the sun bed reservation is a pain, if you go in peak season you may be givin a sunbed on the grass a hundred yards away from the pool and your stuck with that for your holiday duration, unless you slip the pool attendent a back hander and he may move you when a closer one becomes available.
We have been visiting the Capo Bay every year since getting married there in 97 and it really is the most fantasic place.The hotel is superb okay maybe the curtains could do with a little upgrading but they had all new carpets put down last year which is great.The rooms have all the facilities you could want,fridge,kettle,cups and in the bathroom you have soap,shampoo and shower gel,and the air con is great! I have to disagree about the allocated sunbeds they are great and I really wouldn't visit any hotel again that didn't have it.We do prefer to be on the grassed area away from the pool thats just preference,if there isn't any beds available where you want just let the pool attendant know and if poss he will move you.
The staff are so friendly and will do anything for you,we normally stay in a side sea room but when we got married had a full sea view room and wow! the views over the bay were amazing.
After all that I have never stayed at the Sunrise been to check it out and it looks nice but I just think the position of the Capo Bay is better.Its all down to the individual,lets face it whereever you go in Protaras is fantastic.
Already booked for the Capo Bay for next year and counting the days down.
Do they actually provide a kettle rather than a coffee maker??? I can leave mine at home if this is correct!
Yes they do provide a kettle and I can only agree with the comments by Keels about the hotel. We have stopped there for the last 2 years and really enjoyed it, only reason we are not stopping there this year is that our son is too old to share a room with us. Anyway got to go as we are off to the airport in just over 4 hours and then off to Protaras. See you all soon,
John :D :D :D
There is not a lot in it.

Sunrise has better grounds, better pool, and a better beach.

Otherwise not a lot in it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.