Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
xgroovymegx,

I would check with whoever you intend to hire the car from. Most have a minimum age limit of 21 so he should be fine.

Darren
Hi xgroovymegx,

As Darren says, check with prospective hire companies - I know of at least one Bulgarian car hire company which stipulates a minimum age of 23 years.

Baldur
In addition to the company which has a minimum age of 23, there is another one which specifies 25 but will hire "selected class mini cars to customers who are aged 21-25 with additional per day charge".
Hey!Most companies in Sunny beach want minimun age of 23 or 24 years so i am really not sure if u can get a car like this...But my father has company for Rent a car since 4 years and actually for his company he is not so strict about the age,he has given cars before of younger people like you.So if u want i can send u on e-mail price list for the cars and if u decide smth u can always write me.
Hi Meg,

I was checking this, I am hoping to go to Playa Blanca with my girlfriend in the summer in Lanzarote. The age restriction varies from company to company but I can tell you that in spain the government age for hiring cars is 21, companies may put this up to protect their investments. If I were you I would call the hotel you are thinking of going to and ask them. Its usually one of the first questions they ask you anyway so you will get a straight answer.

Chris
The original question has been adequately answered by such as Baldur and Darren, and it really comes down to either making enquiries from hire companies when you get there, or booking through a travel company or international hire company in the UK, but the latter alternatives are likely to be expensive.

Getting an answer from a Bulgarian hotel brings camels and eyes of needles to mind!

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.