Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi, I can't remember exact pricing but the last time we went it was def. cheaper to hire in the resort. I have seen a bit of bad publicity about local greek car hire but we once hired a Fiesta from Avis in Ixia that was literally falling apart, so we have used places like Rodos cars since, with no probs. Taxis are also cheap and plentiful so I wouldn't worry about finding one at the airport at night, there is a rank opposite the exit door.
I'd wait till you're there. It's normally cheaper and you're not tied to set days, you can hire the car as and when you feel like it. If you do a boat trip one day and visit Rhodes Town another (easier by bus/taxi from Trianda than driving), that's at least two days where a weeks hire would be wasted.
Does anyone know the rent a car "My car"??? they sent me price fro Fiat panda 25 euros a day with full ensurance and its too strange coz i checked in othr sites of other companies and saw a price for the same car from 310 to 325 a week!!!
Does anyone know rent a car J and D or Colossos???
I would check these out a bit more, as there has been a lot of bad publicity about dodgy hire cars with major faults. The ones you tend to see about most are Rodos cars or Holiday autos. I have used Rodos cars and they are reasonable, also you can do a deal in resort as most larger hotels have a rent-a-car desk and you may get a bargain.
Oh....so as i understood u dont advise to rent im MY CAR.
do u know anything about Colossos or J and D rent a car?? sure i think economy car rentals is good but in am almost sure it wil be much more expensive that locals....
what is Rhodos cars..do u mean its local or its a name of a company i didnt understand
Sorry, Rodos cars is a company that you see all over the island. There are also lots of Hertz places, esp. in hotel lobbies. I don't recall seeing the names you mentioned before and we go quite a bit. I would definitely wait till you get there as you can always do a deal.
U know what...when we went to crete we just visited some local companies and i asked many questions and looked all documents and at last we had chosen the company and used them 2 years. they were good, it is called EUROCAR (not europcar!)
but now we cant do like that as we will go to kos and then will go by ferry to rhodos and we dont have a transfer from the port to hotel. the hotel is very far..in Lindos...so the tranfer or taxi cost too expensive for us...so we need to book a car in advance from here so when we will come to rhodos they could deliver it to the port! Today J and D sent me prices that a car like huinday getz will cost 500 euros 12 days...a bit expensive..in crete we payed 500 for 18 days will full unsurance with no excess...it was in august!! so 500 a bit expensive.,..the other side i want a good reliable honest company with fdw with no excess....i also tried to write to economy car rentals....till now they havent answered yet...now i will go to seatch for Rhodos cars in internet,,,
I looked at Rhodos cars...they seem to be a big company ....whith many branches! no prices on the page but i sent them a letter...
For many years we have used Independent Rent a Car. The phone no. is 00 302241068120 and the e-mail address isinfo@independent-rentals.gr Hope this is a help.
Hi Anne, thank u))
i will look it,,,tell me have u even had any accidents with rented cars frim that company and may be u have a document which i signed with them ??
Luckily we have never had an accident, all the cars from this company are fully insured so no worries.
Thank u Anne now will choose of those 3 i think: Independence. Rhodos cars and J&D (the last in the most expensive) Tell me please for sure when u book in advance from home do they require any money for the booking or u pay all ammount in advance...or the reqiuere deposit? how the most local companies work? i never made like that before coz i always choosed the company when arrived so i payed cash...
I have been dealing with them for so long that haven't had to pay any deposit. E-mail them all to ask I suggest.
we were in kolymbia for the last two weeks and rodos cars were between 30 and 35 euros a day in our hotel.we used a company 100 metres away and paid about 25 euro per day all in.
Definitely book in Rhodes, you can haggle a bitand they are far chaper than using your tour operator
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.