Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Hi Colo , I have always used AutoReisen , I pick up at the airport and drop back there , we usually have a week in Playa Blanca and the car hire costs about the same as a taxi return to there so we have a car to use all week for nothing .
I have never had any problems with them , and you've just reminded me I need to make my online booking with them for our visit in June !!

I think that nearly all the cars now have AC , and only get expensive when you book an AUTO instead of a manual .

Edit . I have just looked at prices and their only location point is at the airport , which suits my needs but might not yours if you only want a few days during your holiday . Their website is http://www.autoreisen.es/ingles/tenerife_car_hire.php which takes you to their main selection page for the Canary Islands , for the period I wish to hire , 7 full days is only 90 euros for a Seat Ibiza 5 door , even the Chevrolet AUTO is reasonably priced too .
I'll second autoreisen, used them many times, I'm going over for a week in March too and have booked a car to pick up at the airport for 78e. The only problem you might encounter in PDC is parking it., depending on where you are staying.

http://www.autoreisen.es/ingles/tenerife_car_hire.php?origen=Adwords&camp=TfInAR&kw=autoreisen&OVKEY=autoreisen&gclid=CPbymrCm1rQCFcNV3godsG0AZQ
Thanks for the link, i will be staying 300 m out from the beaches in a fairly quiet part of the resort (according to streetview) so its shouldn't be a major problem, I don't mind walking in, its my plan to hire it in the middle of the holiday the start and the end will be public transport tor chilling out locally,

Is there a regular bus from PDC to the airport ?
You should also avoid Orlando! I'm a Cabrera Medina person, and have been for over 20 years. Never had a problem :)
Bus timetables
http://www.intercitybuslanzarote.es/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1287&lang=en
Thanks, the power of the internet is a good way of killing off the cowboy rip off companies. by taking our customs to reliable ones, this will keep them on their toes. :tup

The bus link is what I am looking for ! thanks :)
Colo wrote:
Is there a regular bus from PDC to the airport ?

Yes, the 161 airport bus goes to/from Playa Blanca thru PDC.
From the airport to Playa Blanca it runs along the Avenida Las Playas then up to the Biosfera shopping centre (Centro Comercial Biosfera Plaza) down Calle Juan Carlos 1 then to Playa Blanca. The Avenida is one-way so on the return from Playa Blanca it runs past the Biosfera centre and you catch it on the right side of the road, Calle Juan Carlos 1, leading away from the round-about and running along the top of the town. Stop is around 100metres beyond the round-about, just short of the Vista Mar apartments. Lots of people make the mistake of queueing for the airport bus on the Avenida, that's the Playa Blanca run.
On the run back to the airport the bus reappears on the front at the San Antonia hotel.
Map here...

PDC 161 Bus Route

A taxi from the airport to PDC is around 15 Euros, I think the bus is around 3 Euros pp one-way.
Don't forget the ROADWORKS

between Arrecife and Costa Teguises they are rebuilding the road into a dual carriage way can cause upt to 20 minute delays at peak times

We hired a car from Autoreisen from landing to departure so it negated the need for transfers and as I used a mobility scooter all the time we hired a 7 seater for the four of us which was cheap and adequate and meant we could go where we wanted when WE wanted for however long we wanted

Gray
We used Autoreisen in Gran Canaria and they were fine
Hi Guys its been a few days since I have come back.

Auto Reisen seem fine, I checked the car over and there some minor dints which I photographed and the staff signed the paperwork with the damage marked. fuel policy was bring back the same as it was when I took it over. I hired the car for 6 days in the middle of the holiday so I can just chill out on either side without worrying about the car. I got the bus to the airport from outside Hotel San Antonio.

Went all over the island with it, saw Jose Saramago's house, Cesar Manrique house and fundacion, had real good explore all over, Santa Barbara Castle at Teguise is well worth the trip for the view from the top.
A little tip visit the Airport Museum just after you leave the terminal, its says "Museo" well worth a visit, its free and you can see one of Cesar Manriques earliest works on the wall in the old main terminal room a much overlooked gem IMO.

At the Airport on both occasions there was a small queue for Auto Reisen probably because thats where the only outlet office is, the rest had offices all over the island, returned the car in the same condition as I took it over and took pictures for good measure and to date heard no issues.

Gold Car Hire however is very interesting the queue is very long and slow, I noticed quite a few people were unhappy and one couple was arguing with the staff for at least 20 minutes the girlfriend looks really fed up, , I am guessing its over the "extra insurance" they must buy in spite of the fact they have already brought the complete package. I can see from the body language of the Gold car staff they do look like they are doing the hard sell. things like that can sour the rest of their holiday and leave bad memories of the island and they may well not go back because of it.

Thank you guys for the help.
Colo

You've just reminded me about the fuel we were told to bring ours back with a quarter of a tank

because that's what the rep said it had in

when we got in the car it was half full BONUS
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.