Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
CAR HIRE
5 Posts
I got a good rate and excellent service on my recent trip from http://www.galaxy-rentacar.com/ Their rep was waiting for us on arrival so we were swiflty on our way and they didn't have a problem with us collecting the car at the airport and returning it in Lindos (some companies wouldn't do this and others wanted to charge extra).

I don't know where you're heading but much of the East coast as far as Tsambika has major roadworks. It doesn't really cause any major hold ups but you'll need to be cautiuos, especially if arriving at night, as the roads are a mess.
Hi! On the issue of car rental would you say that a 4 x 4 is needed or would you be ok travelling pretty much anywhere you want to go in a normal family car?

Thanks ever so
I've only ever used a 4x4 to get down to Prasonissi but even there they've put in a decent road now - i'd say the vast majority of roads are fine for a normal family car.
I cannot recommend George in Pefkos enough. :cheers (G.A.M Rental)

We hired a Suzuki Jimny with air-con for £300 from him in June last year, for 14 nights hire :tup . He left it near the airport for us to collect (keys under the mat) and we paid him in his office the next day. He supplied a car seat for our 4 year old daughter and when we went to pay he gave us a map and told us about all the best places to visit, roads not to go on, scenic drives, lovely villages to visit and eat in, where to park in Rhodes Town for free. We left the car in the same spot for him to collect after our departure. We spoke to people around Rhodes who had paid upwards of £600 for smaller vehicles!!

We had no problems whatsoever and are booking our hire for August next year.

Here is his email address: grst@rho.forthnet.gr

I was recommended him by a website (friends of pefkos) and this is why we got such a great deal!

Give him a try you will NOT be dissapointed.

Beccy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.