Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
car hire
9 Posts
Not in Trianda Tipsy, but will bring a car to your hotel if you give a ring. We've used this firm for many years. Frank is a Greek with an Aussie accent and a Sottish wife!! A lovely family. They are Independent Car Rental. E-mail them at info@independent-rentals.grWebsite is http://www.independent-rentals.gr Telephone 00302241068120. Hope that helps.One I would avoid is Just Rent a Car.
Thanks, have sent them an e-mail. I always think word of mouth is the best recommendation.
saw a lovely vw beetle there, oh sooo excited. :)
So many great places to see, hope you have a wonderful time.
how much for hiring a car for two days. roughly. and do you need any extra insurance, i mean can you do it on your insurance at home???
thankyou
Your home car insurance won't cover you but most companies include full insurance (though some charge extra for Collision Damage Waiver).

Depends what car you go for but prices start from around 20/25 euros a day for a small car like a Fiat Panda/Kia Picanto.
I would also recommend that you take out excees waiver insurance cover as otherwise you may be liable to pay the first portion of the repair or replacement costs of any insurance claim. The car hire companies are red hot at trying to find some damage that was not highlighted on the rental agreement when the car is initially rented.

From my experience on our last two visits to Rhodes, our car sustained parking damaged whilst the vehicle was unattended.
  • Edited by jamkart 2009-06-30 14:10:36
i think i will get the bus instead then.
thanks.. :tup
I would not let my comments disuade you from hiring a car - just make sure you have adequate insurance. Rhodes is a great Island to explore with a car.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.