Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Car Hire
354 Posts
Petsas have a booth at both Paphos and Larnaca Arrivals.

Ady
We always book with Pentaras at Paphos. They have always upgraded us and we usually hire a motor bike from them as well at some time during the stay - this last time it was a quad bike for the day!

They either meet us at the airport or, if it's a late flight, leave the keys with my family over there who then meet us! I don't ever remember paying either in advance or on arrival. We usually just call into the office. Again, if we are leaving on a late flight we just leave the keys in the car.

In terms of driving licence. My other half still has the old one and never has a problem.
Hello I'm going to cyprus in july and my daughter would like me to hire a Smart cabriolet as the make of car Smart. Could anyone tell me if anyone does these cars please. I have searched on web sites and easy car do them but they are in agroup and you can't specify which car you want. Thanks
I always use Petsas (I recommend them highly), collecting from the airports.

Larnaca is 24h but Paphos isn't. If you have an "out of hours" collection they will normally have someone there to hand over the keys and unburden you of your hard earned.

Mark
I always hire a car once in resort, but have been thinking of picking one up at the airport - how hard are they to 'locate' once you have got your cases etc., :)
Kath x
Kath........at Larnaca there is a dedicated hire care car park which is behind the TO bus car park. Its a straighforward walk on the flat out of the airport and the bays are all numbered and your hire company will give you the bay no.

All really easy and all the hire car company's have kiosks as you come out of arrivals hall.
Thanks for that.

Any idea what Paphos is like ?

Kath x
Does anyone know of any car hire company that will let me pick up at Paphos A/port and go to the North with it , for one week in June ?
singingpete - even though I've not done this (we went on an organised tour to North Cyprus), I've seen the question asked a few times on Trip Advisor and I've read that this company lets you drive between North and South (scroll down to the questions):

http://www.cyprus-car.com/rental.asp

U2fan
Contact Petsas.
They will arrange car insurance in the North for you, or so I'm told.

Bear in mind that the insurance you buy at the crossing points is only third party and does not cover breakdown. If you were to breakdown it would be down to you to arrange recovery etc.

Mark

PS: Just looked at the prices on Cyprus-car.com.
Expensive is an understatement!
We have a Polo with A/C booked for September @ CY£15 per day.
Cyprus-car.com price for a Corsa with A/C, CY£20.
Thanks for the info , cyprus-car are the only company I have come across that actually say you can take the car to the North . So the extra expense will be worth it when we take into account taxi fares . Not to mention the freedom of travelling at our own pace on first and last days .

I think I am getting somewhere at last .
I shall be coming to Paphos and want to pick up a car at the airport, am concerned that I book a good company who will still be there if flight delayed etc.
Several years back I was in Limasol and used Economy Car Rentals, booked online and very cheap. There was no problem arrived(at hotel)when ordeded etc, but.............it was the oldest car in the hotel carpark, still it got us around. Just would like an idea if anyone who has picked up car from Paphos Airport after 9pm. Could you give me name of firm and if newish car.
Jay
Help!

We are thinking about car hire for our hols and have read loads about how good 'George' is in Paphos & there have been lots of recommendations on another Paphos site ---- can even remember posting about him some time ago! Unfortunately, I can't find a link, web site or contact address anywhere !

Heeelllllpppppp!

Thanks folks

:wink: :wink:
I have George at Easycars business card with the phone number and email address. Can't put my hands on it right now but will look for it today and post back this evening.

Lesley :D
Hi Lesley, save you searching here are the details:

http://www.easyrentacarltd.com/home.htm

Tel: 00357-26813244

easycar@easyrentacarltd.com

Kath x
Brill - thank you - Kath has also given me the web link, so if you can't find it don't worry.

Thanks for the help - much appreciated

:wink:
Good grief Kath - that was odd - posted at the same time -
good morning!

:wink:
Thanks Kath - house upside down at the minute workmen everywhere. You saved my life!!! :lol:

Lesley
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.