Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
car hire
19 Posts
Hi. Plenty of car rental places in Faliraki. We usually use one from Koskinou because he brings the vehicle to the hotel or even to the airport. I can give his phone number if you'd like it.
that would be great anne i use a wheelchair so need a car to see the sights and get about

many thanks

nise
It's Independant Car Rental. The phone number is 00 30 22410 68120. The owner's name is Frank. We have hired from him for many years and all his vehicles are in good condition. Hope you have a good holiday and come to love the island as much as I do. Anne
thanks anne will definatly give them a try. could you give me some idea of the price please

nise
sorry no idea now. we do get a special rate as we've been going over for 25 years! He won't be available 'til about May as everywhere shuts for the winter season.
I can recommend Indepedent as well. The owner, Frank, is a good guy and I'm sure he'll do his best to help you

Hope you have a good holiday.

We're going on the 30th May so it's now less than 12 weeks away - can't wait!!!
thanks andy

i will be giving them a ring. hope you have a great time let me know how it was

many thanks

nise
I have today confirmed my booking for a hire car for Sept/Oct with my usual supplier, J & D Cars who are next to the Calypso hotel on the outskirts of Faliraki.
Most of their cars are new or nearly new and included in the price is ALL insurance, free parking in the blue lined areas of Rhodes town, and free car wash with a company called "Quick"that operates all around Rhodes.
The rates are very competitive & his e-mail address is jdcars@otenet.gr They usually deliver to hotels or airport F.O.C.
Hope this info is of use to someone.

Wilrac

*Bold type removed - Glynis*
thank you wilrac

will give them a email

with having wheelchair have to be carefull dont want to break down in old banger :cry:

thanks for your help

nise
Hello
J&D Rent a car is a very good friend of ours (we live on the island) and I can guarantee you that his car are of very good conditions - no way old bangers. A full insurance is included in the price and he is very reliable should something go wrong with the car as this can also happen with a new car.

He is one of the best car hire firms on the island.
Regards Maegi
thank you maegi that sounds good staying at the dias dont know if you know it we will give them a try could you tell me if its near anything statue resturant etc

thank you for your help

nise
Hello Nise

As far as I know the Dias Studios are in Faliraki not far away from bar street and about 500 m to the beach. There are plenty of Restaurants in Faliraki, from English food to Greek, Chinese, Indian, Mexican and and and
Kind regards Maegi
iTS very strane that i emailed to J&D also Independent and Rhodos cars and the 2 last have almost common prices but J&D gave me MUCH higher price!! about 140-150 euros difference!! why?? i asked all companies about absolutley full insurance and they told me all that it is inclided in price. so i still cant choose one of these 3....
Hello
I use Rodos Cars, excellent reputation, I have just received a quote for October and others have come in 100 Euros dearer. Google Rodos Cars and their web address will pop up
Do Rhodos cars really provide full insurance CDW and FDW with no excess?? coz for me insurance is the most important...anything can happen specially when driving much and also in the mountains...if any damage of the car for which the renter is repsonsible and in there is an accident with 2 cars and its renters fault - do the companys insurance cover everything???? i cant see the contract from here and a bit afraid to book without seeing the whole contract,,,
Hello
I have checked the booking form and this is what it says "COMMENTS: The price includes:Full insurane C.d.w, Personal accident insurance, km free. Deliver and collection from the place you need.taxes"

Also there is no additional charge for dropping off at the airport either.
Hi! thanks))
today i found this review!
**** deleted for breach of copyright****....wizard

review can be found here
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.