Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
I live on the Costa del Sol and the requirement here is that photographic ID is carried.
I would advise that passports are not carried, as I know from experience how inconvenient it is to have one stolen! A driving license is ideal and can be used in shops when using a credit/debit card.
I have three teenagers and I advise them to carry a photocopy of their passports. This is not strictly legal as photocopies should really be endorsed by a notary, but as I don't want then to risk loosing anything official, I feel this is a good compromise. They have (fortunately, so far) not been in any trouble, but I tend to think that it's kids without any means of ID that the police want to crack down on. I really think that if a passport copy is carried along with an accommodation address, there shouldn't be any real problem with the police. I stress to my kids that whatever happens, they must be respectful to the police at all times. The police here command respect (especially the Guardia Civil) and if it is given they tend to act fairly. Have a good holiday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.