Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Sorry but you cant use that card in gran canaria , you need on with Maestro or sirrius or visa

unfortunately you will have to take cheques , if you are worried about the cashingof them and having your passport with yuo , i suggest cashing at the hotel/apts as everytime i go i do this and after the initial transaction when they take your passport number etc i have never needed it as they just take your room number and my passport has been locked away all teh duration of the holiday ,

as for weather at the moment it is roasting and by all accts from freinds and ex pats it is going to get even hotter

enjoy
i change all of my money before i go and then lock it up in a safe and take what i need each day
Hmm odd, I asked my bank and my sister who is a travel agent and they both said that most cashpoints over there that accept both Link and Plus symbols... I'm getting very confused now as we're going to be stuck without the ability to access our cash over there aren't we... HEEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!!
surflou - We have been to GC for the last 4 years, as we own at Anfi Beach Club.
We have been able to obtain cash using our AIB Banklink cards (link / plus) no sweat. JUst get a receipt and tally it all up when you get home!

Just received my laser/maestro card so will try that out when we return in Sept!

Puerto Rico is a great resort, loads to do. check out the Amadores beach its lovely!
Enjoy!!!
instead of taking your cashpoint card, purchase an american express euro card from your travel agents. all you do is load them with an amount of money you want to take eg £300, then use them at any ATM in the resort. saves you the bother of getting travellers cheques changed and you worrying if they take your bank card.
if you get one now, they don't charge you for the card (normally £20) and if you put 700 euros on it they give you 50 free ! can't be bad :D
I've heard about these cards but I don't think we can get them in Ireland, I'll check though and find out if we can, failing that we applied for a new Laser debit card there yesterday and were off on the 13th, with a bit of luck we'll get it back in time before we go lol!

Does anyone know anything about the man man lagoons near Maspolomas at all? i read about them in my GC guidebook but I don't know where they are... Can we get a bus to them? 8)
Hi Surflou

I returned from Puerto Rico on Monday night, I used my electron card which as a Plus sign on the back, and got money from the cashpoint no problems. The only thing is that you are not able to obtain a balance, it will give you a recepit, with the amount that you have withdrawn. The bank charged me £2.00 for the transaction, hope this helps.

Michie
Hi Michie

Oh thats great thanks very much for your help there, did you have a good time? Hows the weather this week?

I don't suppose you would happen to know the nearest Internet Cafe to Ipanema Park and the Harbour would you?

Cheers! 8)
Hi Surflou

We had a wonderful time thanks, on Monday it was cloudy in the morning, but still hot, when we were there the temperature went upto 41 degrees. The only internet cafe that I saw was in the commercial centre a few doors from the smaller Netto. Hope you have a wonderful holiday, its a nice place, so doubt you will.

Mishie
Hi All,

I am off to Puerto Rico tomorrow and whilst I'm there I'd like to be able to draw out some cash! Do the cash points accept Visa Electron????

:D so excited!!
Have a nationwide cash card, in Lanzarote no charge for using this in atms is it the same in gran Canaria, also it was a much better exchange rate is that the same too
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.