Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
if you take the time to read some of the threads in this forum you will find most of thr info you require

wizard
I've always taken Sterling travellers chqs and changed them in Zante in the supermarkets, always got a great rate. Take a few euros to keep you going for the first night. I wouldn't recommend Euro travellers cheqs.

Sarah
Hi. We have just come back from Kefalonia and took all our money in euros (exchange rate 1.43). The best rate we saw was 141.5. We always take euros and hire a safety deposit box, saves the hassle of changing money/travellers cheques. :D
returned today from zante tsilivi, took euros 1.43 here, and sterling the rate in tsilivi never changed from 1.40 commission free but 2% for cheques
Would you advise euros or t.cheques for stoupa. Are there plenty of places to cash them there please
I believe there is an ATM but you can change cash or travellers cheques at various places, including the Zorbas office - the one that runs the Zorbas Stoupa camboard. Personally I've given up with travellers cheques, as you lose out in commision and/or poor exchange rates at either end. I just take a few Euros to start with - the Post Office or Marks & Spencer give good rates without commision. The rest we take as cash which we split between us or use an ATM, if we're going to be away longer than a week.
Can anybody tell me if there are ATM's in Molyvos that accept Maestro debit cards ?

Thanks,

Ciderdrinker
go to the ATM thread in the general enquiries forum ..PAGE 1 and use the link to the atm finders

topic locked
wizard
IF you have an ATM where to find question PLEASE GO TO THE GENERAL ENQUIRIES FORUM and see page one of the ATM thread and use the ATM finders recommended

IF you need a guide to currency exchange please use the authorised Holiday truths Cheat Sheet on the link below

http://www.oanda.com/convert/cheatsheet?user=holidaytruth&lang=en

for all other enquiries pleas read this thread before asking as it may have already been asked

Wizard forum mod
Will I get as good an exchange rate in Kos if I take cash instead of all euro's?

Also is there a bank in Tingaki or nearby ?
Hi all,

We are just back from Tingaki in Kos and thought I would update anyone heading there re the current rate situation.

Locally we cashed Sterling and did the same in a bank in Kos. Both times we had a rate of 1.44ish and had 2% deducted.

Also used my Nationwide Flexaccount and on checking today have found we received a rate of 1.46ish with no deductions.

Between us, we could have saved £18.00 sterling if we had only used the card. :cry:

Ah well, you live and learn......

Cheers,
Janet
hiya
Going to argassi zante next week can anyone tell me what the current exchange rate was for sterling..We dont mess around with cheques prefer cash , when we go to tenerife we always get a good rate to the pound.
We are off to The Alykanas Beach Aparthotel in Zante on the 23/07. I have always taken T Cheques before. After taking advice from this forum i have opened a Nationwide Account. So does anyone know where the nearest cash machine is. After reading on this site of safes being broken into i dont like the idea of having large amounts of money in the room....many thanks :lol:
Hi we went to the Alykanis Beach aparthotel last year had a great time, the cash point is just up the road in the village , we never took tc , just drew out money when we needed it .
Thanks Maddy, great to know you had a great time as well.
Get your Euros here before you go!....................plenty of places offering no commission
lucadobe..............DON'T buy your Euros before you go :roll:
Take a small amount to get you through your first evening/day only.

I returned from the island on Friday and was getting 1.44 EU to the £ throughout the whole week, commision free :lol:

You won't get that on the high street in the UK. And if it goes up here then you will always be guaranteed a better rate in the resort as they change it in resort to reflect this regularly.

Have a great time, we enjoyed temp of average 42 deg for the whole week 8)
Hi Miss Chief1 where abouts on the island were you and was that changing euros from sterling cash or travellers cheques we go on sunday to laganas I got euros for 1 day but am debating whether to take rest of money half in travellers cheques and half in sterling pounds, whats your opinion? greatfully appreciated thanks :? :? :D
Joanne,

I was just along the road from Lagana in Kalamaki. I never take Travellers Cheques as you pay commison on them at least once if not twice :? We had GBP notes and got 1.44 to the pound with no commision

Take a small amount as you indicated and take the rest in UK GBP cash or better still take a debit card and use the many ATM machines in resort to withdraw Euros.........Check how much your bank charge for this service first though (If your a Nationwide customer though it won't cost you an extra bean :lol: )

Have a great hol......it was on average 41 degrees out there last week :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.