Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
I have booked a week at these apartments from 23rd June & found the same post from September 2005 concerning building work!!!

I have checked with both First Choice & Co-op Travel (whom I booked through) & neither have any knowledge of building work in the vicinity according to their systems.
They said that it would be shown as a RATA ?!??! & would mean severe consequences for them if there was building work & they did not disclose it!
I was also assured that Menorca has strict guidelines on the months building work can take place - basically OUT OF SEASON!!

All other posts & reviews make no mention of building work, only that its a nice place!!
Believe me, there is building works going on!!!

On the bend that the hotel is above. Last august, the shells were up, and the electrics were going in, I should imagine they are all but complete by now........................unless anybody knows any different.
I haven't got any news from this year, but as debbg wrote, the apartment block was being built last summer, so I would expect it's finished by now...or at least the noisy bits are.....
Hi all

Just to recap, my friend returned and had a lovely holiday. Apparently there is building work nearby but it is only being done internally now and was not detrimental at all to her holiday, so rest assuered anyone due to go.

Thanks for all who replied on this thread.
stevea wrote
Menorca has strict guidelines on the months building work can take place - basically OUT OF SEASON!!

Well that's what we thought last year, but they were banging away at these apartments last July when we were in the resort....seems they stop in August though!

But with the season running from May, there were some angry tourists last year and I don't blame them !!

Pamplemousse - glad your friend had a good time :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.