Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi Ali,

Castelo is about 3 or 4 miles west of Albufeira and Praia d'Oura is a beach and area located fairly near the southern end of The Strip in the new town. I don't know where the villa in Praia d'Oura is located, but it could be a bit close to the hustle and bustle of the new town for you. Castelo is certainly a quieter area but you would need to use taxis or have a hire car if you wanted to go into Albufeira to find a greater choice of restaurants in the evenings. In July and August taxis can be quite hard to find for the return journey.

The beach at Praia d'Oura is very nice, and at Castelo there's a lovely cove.

Hope this helps!
Hi Roseweb,

Thanks, we dont fancy being in the middle of things and are hiring a car, i have found two villas in Castelo but are 2 miles away from beach, i cant see this being a problem i would rather have a nice quite villa and be further away than too close and a not so nice villa :roll: The villa in Praia d'Oura is right by 'the strip' by a hotel called Aldeia, i think this is too close for August.
We do like nice accomodation and will pay for it, thanks for you advice i think it will be Castelo.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.