Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
praia da oura
7 Posts
Strussie, you are in the right area for the beach (approx 50 yards) and nightlife. (approx50 Yards) The apartments are in a bit of a hilly position (Cardiac Hill thay call it) but if your fit and able no problems.Never stayed at this place , maybe other HT members could give you their opinions of it. Cheers Jayjan
Strussie - I am booked to stay at the Soldoiro in August. Please post a review when you return - I hope these apartments are ok.
Thanks Jayjan I thought the apartments were well positioned, hopefully we will all manage the hill!!!!

I will post about the apartments on our return. I have read good and bad reviews, but it was the location I was more bothered about. :)

Anybody got recommendations for safe nightlife for our group of teenagers?
Hi Strussie, If you want some maps to download on Albufeira area go to http://www.freemaps.net & click on download maps in the top left hand corner. There are 4 maps 2 for the New town where you will be holidaying & 2 for the old town, they show lots of restaurants, bars etc and it will give you a good idea of the area. Cheers Jayjan
:D :D :D Just got back from Soldoirio apartments. :D :D :D
We stayed in a 2 storey 3 bedroom/3 bathroom villa right on the 'cardiac hill'!! :)
It was a bit old fashioned and basic - kitchen was tiny - but it was clean and very spacious. :)
Staff were very helpful and willing to help with any problems.
Pool area was always clean and we were able to get sunbeds on most days. :)
Entertainment in the bar was not good, we only went in a couple of times. :?
Our balcony was excellent for 'people watching' :P
Location was perfect, short walk to the beach downhill and short walk to the 'strip' uphill, although it can be noisy at nights with everyone returning home.
One disadvantage is that they don't accept credit cards!! We had to withdraw cash every day from the ATM until we had cleared the full amount :?
Hope this helps and you have a lovely holiday :D
Thanks Strussie. Only 19 days to go and counting. Pleased you enjoyed it. Thanks for putting my mind at rest with regard to the apartments. Thanks again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.