Caribbean - Cuba Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Cuba
Cayo Coco
8 Posts
Thomas Cook are a good company to go Long Haul with, however we do travel in premium cabin.

I find the staff are extremely polite compared to other companies we have travelled with.

David
thanks for the reply, but are thomas cook not getting rid of their premium cabin for long haul after next april? :que
Hi, yes they have stated that, however I believe they are currently in the process of discussing the chances of keeping them.

I thought you meant for this year, sorry.

Hope you manage to find the holiday company for you :)
Hi sutty939
Got to agree with you about Thos Cook and Thomson. If I can't get what I want with Thomson (premium) I look for another destination or holiday company.
You could try The Holiday Place and see if they can offer what you are looking for.
If Thos Cook don't remove their premium seating I would imagine the prices would rise otherwise they are hardly making any money from them. I hope Thomson's don't follow.
Premium is still being removed as per today, i also find TOM's premium prices are still very good value for some destinations, others such as Aruba or Maldives are not so reasonable.
hi there, we flew into cayo coco with thomas cook in march of this year, as far as i am aware, they are indeed the only holiday company at present to offer this destination from the UK. the actual holiday was superb, hotel was wonderful and the thomas cook rep, maria, was cuban and very knowledgable and willing to help with anything, she was not just interested in selling trips which was refreshing...so basically the actual holiday, which was the most important thing, was fantastic, the flights-compared to thomson anyway, were not too good. this is only our opinion and different flights of course have different good and bad parts. we flew premium with thomas cook and aside from the complimentary bar, which was served with a severe lack of enthusiasm anyway, there was not much of a difference, the seat pitch did not look much better than economy, i believe it is only about 2 inches greater if that...and the staff were pretty miserable,but like i say, this was only our personal experience. the cayos are beautiful and i you can cope with the flights perhapes not being great, the 2 weeks inbetween will be worth the compromise of flying thomas cook, however, i would be very pleased if thomson added the cayos to their destinations as it would at least provide some form of choice.
well decided to book it for next May. Going to Melia Cayo Santa Maria with Thomas Cook. First Choice have started flying to Cayo Santa Maria but not from Manchester, from what i can remember it was either Heathrow or Gatwick which is way too far for us to travel, so going to try Thomas Cook long haul.

No option to book Premium just seats together option. I know we will love the holiday and dont like flying anyway so if the flight is rubbish it wont make much difference to me as I dont like the flying aspect full stop. We have done Thomas Cook to Egypt and it wasnt very good customer service wise but if you want to go places then you have to sacrifice some things.
:sun2 :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.