Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
cayo coco
45 Posts
From what we could make of the cayos i think it is a very quiet place with virtually no life apart from the Hotels. We were going to go in november this year but after a lot or research we decided on Jamacia instead for just a bit more life.
hi Debs

we stayed at the Melia Cayo Coco last September.The Cayos are very nice with beautiful beaches but there is nothing there apart from the tourst hotels.Perfect for a relaxing chilled out holiday but if you want something with local nightlife and more things to do you will probably be better off choosing varadero.We spent three nights in Havana which was very good.
Hope this helps.Any more questions just ask.

Sharpy
:D thankyou for your replys,will show hubby and let him decide
Hi Sharpy
Did you do a review for this hotel? We are going there next June for our very long awaited honeymoon.
You'll find reviews for that hotel HERE

Pippy :D
If I was chosing Cuba the Cayos would be my choice too...I have heard there are only 3 hotels in that region...and that it is very lifeless there...but isnt that the idea of a holiday to get away from it all and just lap up the sunshine...
Beanie65
My thoughts exactly. We want peace, quiet, lovely location, nice room and some nice food and hopefully decent weather. The cayos seem to match this perfectly.

And after this years' hassles, really looking forward to it already.

Roll on May 2006 8)
:D hello we did book the cayos in the end.... we will be in one of the sol hotels,and i understand theres only a couple which look very nice.we also paid for one of our sons friends sons to come so he wont get bored hopefully,we got a agood deal as well £459.99 per person for two weeks all inclusive and go on the 9th october
Deb thats a fantastic price...I am so green right now :lol:
yeah we thought its a good price as well. we was looking at going back to goa but what the hell weve not been to cuba! really looking forward to it now,especially now our sons friend is comming so hes got someone :D
The Cayos is an excelent choice if you want just chil out and nothave any hassle , no one can aces the islands unles they work there or are guests at a hotel OR its Sunday when a few locals roll up in a bus acompanied by the local police of course (not kidding by the way) :lol:
off to cayo coco tomorrow from manchester :hyper
staying at the tryp and getting very excited
the tryp was the hotel we origianlly looked at but when we phoned it had sold out,so thats why we have got a sol hotel(choice of 2 but dont know which) the tryp looks very nice have a lovely holiday and tell us all about it when you get back :D
Debs69, you`ll be able to visit both the Sol hotels as they run a daily shuttle bus between them , we stayed at the Caya Coco one and did the shuttle just to see if we were missing anything , the beach on Cayo Guillermo is narrow but its very long .We also could use the Tryp facilties for the day but found it much more quieter .
Hi,

Stayed at the Iberostar Daquiri on Cayo Guillermo 2 yrs ago, the hotel grounds were beautiful, opening up onto a perfect beach, had AI, and the food was very good, 3 other hotels on that strip, the next Cayo is Coco with a similar set-up - very peaceful and relaxing holiday.

Margarita
thanks greyman,they both look good in the books so im sure we wont be disapointed.
We are off to Cayo Coco hotel on Christmas Day of this year. We cant wait to go and we will be posting a review on our return.

I agree with the nice quiet relaxing holiday plus you can make your own fun.

Cauli 8)
if we end up in the cayo coco we will post when we get back as well
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.