Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
cayo coco
45 Posts
We fly out on the 31st Jan, have one night in the Melia CC and then off to Havana for three nights. We return to the Melia CC for the remaining 10 nights of the holiday. We have just decided to rent a car whilst we are there to break the 10 days in the middle and explore a bit - maybe down to Trinidad and stay overnight in a Casa. That with a couple of organised trips should stop terminal boredon set in whilst still allowing a good relaxation time to be had.
Never been to Cuba before, but were determined to do it before Castro shrugged off his mortal coil and every street corner became a McDonalds!

Hope you enjoy it as much as we are planning to!

Cheers,
Jet
hi! i am going to Cayo coco on 23rd august 2007! has anyone stayed at the NH resort? if so are you awarwe of which trips are available and the costing of them? i cant find anything about them on the internet!!! thanks
We stayed in CC last year (we didnt like it but that is a matter of personal choice and oppinion) There is a trip to Havana, it costs around £500 for a family of 4 but you cant take children under 18 to the Tropicana show! They do speed boat trips which people seemed to do but again they were very expensive, in fact most of the trips are. Its worth getting on the road train and taking a trip to Playa Pilar it truly is a beautiful beach! even if it lacks facilities (toilets etc) take a trip out on the glass bottom boat too. it leaves from the beach in cayo guillermo, i think it was $5 each. otehr than that there is nothing to do in the Cayos as these islands are totally uninhabited, even the hotel stay leave the island at the end of their shifts and head back to the mainland. check out our cuban album http://family.webshots.com/album/553997953nNjgIP
Aladdin, hope you pick this up before you go.

Google "happyfacescuba" for the best info on the Cayos.

Have a great time.

Joe.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.