Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Celebrity Summit
11 Posts
I would think an 11am flight would be too early considering you have to check in 2 hours ahead and also the time to get from the ship to the airport.

We could have had a similar flight time from SOU to ABZ in October, but were concerned that the ship may not have cleared customs early enough for us to catch it so we are staying a night in SOU before flying home next day.

luci :wave
Agree with Lucy, cannot guarantee you would make it! Sorry.
arhhh thats a problem next one is at 1pm which wouldnt leave us enough time to get to the midlands by 6pm
Son would collect us from lgw and drive us back to SOU to collect the car then a 3 hour drive back
I really fancy this cruise and I have on option the last CC cabin ...can you suugest an alternative?

** Decided to book the 1pm flight with BA ..He will just have to be late. :whoops "booked the wrong flight dear" I will blame BA
Quite right Travelmandy, you will have spent your life chasing after him at inconvenient times....it's called payback time!
I dont suppose anyone knows if you can buy ciggies on board? :smokin I just remeber being supprised that you could only buy them buy the packet on the Gem and not in the duty free
Been a bit busy so missed this one Sorry Mandy.

With a 5.00am into BCN I would have thought the 11:00 am flight would be fine, Express self disembarkation/CC class off the ship by 7:30 and 20mins in a taxi(25-30eur). gives 3hours.

I would also look at leaving the car at Gatwick and getting to Southampton by train,I dont think the Summer direct train runs in April(starts May) or using the train to get to southampton to pick up the car after the cruise. We did this for the Navigator TA last year 2hr direct on the train.

Check for a cruise line shuttle for the US passengers from Gatwick to Southampton. save the driving half way round the country and the Gatwick parking is probably cheaper than southampton anyway.

Don't forget you also need to add fuel costs 300+miles if you have someone coming down to transfer you + their time.
Thanks WJ...our son lives in Southampton hopefuly parking will
be free and then hes collecting us from Gatwick
Being a Sunday on the return he can do this but going out he cannot its a work day

wahoo we have a cabin number too now...one came up so our TA changed it to 8160 from GTY
I know we might have got an upgrade but I would rather not have been on deck 9 so rather than take the chance I opted to go with the numbered one
Thanks WJ...our son lives in Southampton hopefuly parking will
be free and then hes collecting us from Gatwick

No brainer then,

Now about that parking do you think he has room for a car in June :)

(There should be 4 of us so the parking at the docks is not a big deal on this one and actualy very convenient)
I will ask him. What date in June?...if hes away he will let you use the drive and then its about a £4 taxi trip to the port. We are using his friends drive because hes away end of April.
Thanks for the offer, it was a bit tonge in cheek since if there are the 4 of us the parking cost is not a big deal and my dad may prefer to park his car(which we would use) at the docks. Always handy to have the option though and a few quid toward your sons budget is better than some car park company.

Cruise will be Jade North cape and the posible 2days before so June 27/29 -July 11.

Thanks again hope the Summit trip goes well.(don't drink too much :cheers )
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.