Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
chang mai
13 Posts
Absolutly loads of trips to do from Chaing Mai. Elephant treks, rafting, some superb temples such as Wat Doi Suthep, amazing night market, handicrafts. Surrounding countryside is lovely. Weather should be fine although as your further north and higher up it can be a bit cooler in the evenings. The Thais wear anoraks but its pretty warm as far as us Northern Europeans are concerned.

Some of the best hotels in Thailand in the area - Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, but also some good ones to be found at a more reasonable prices.
thanks thats great will have a look is there a beach?
No beach :( Chiang Mai is not on the coast.
Im guessing most hotels will have swimming pools then instead not to worry just want a relaxing holiday. Bangkok and pattaya in april we were on the go all the time and didnt get much sun except for during songkran when we were in ubon .
Do you know any good websites about chang mai been on google found a few not very good though only basic information.
Is the nightlife good ?
are you sure you want Chiang Mai as a relaxing holiday? I would look elsewhere if relaxation is the main reason for going. What about Krabi and/or Phuket?
Hi,
We have been to Chiang Mai the last 2 years for Xmas and New Year (our son lives there). The weather is fantastic around very high 20's/30's!!!
Chiang Mai is a great place with loads to do and see. The elephant camp is well worth it as is a visit to the silver temple ( Wat Rong Khun) about 15 kms north of Chiang Mai. The golden triangle is also worth the journey.
Pat
:glynis
I loved Chiang Mai and we were there in 2001, always fancied a return visit, looking at maybe 3 nights there next year, I have done all the main trips but still would like to return as the shopping is great, I have been surfing the net and found a great looking little hotel called Chiang Mai gate which has Lanna style rooms and a little pool, the rates are very reasonable too, so I will keep that one on my list, anyone been to Chiang Mai zoo? I have read a few good reports on it.
Went round Chaing-Mai zoo a few years back when they had just opened the Panda exhibit..prefer sunbears myself...which was airconditioned for humans and pandas alike. Zoo was OK and covered a large area so best to use the hop on hop off bus that buzzes around. Can't remember too much about the zoo so it can't have made too much of an impression.
Whoops,

We were in Chiang Mai last November and never gave a thought to the zoo (to be honest I didn't realise they had one - I don't think we even saw it advertised).

We too would go back to Chiang Mai, although we did find the food area around Anusarn market to be very disappointing.

A lovely part of Thailand

Peter
Went to Chiang Mai Zoo 2007 was disappointed, entry price double the price Thai's pay, a lot of walking to see very little, extra Baht if you want to see the Panda's, no Python in the cage, guess they ate that :)
When we visited Chiang Mai zoo we went by tuk-tuk and the driver did the cash transactions, had a really great day. Took the drivers 7 yr old son with us. A day we will remember for the rest of our lives and at little cost.

Patka
I think if you google search Chaing mai you will do ok.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.