Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I don't think there's much you can do Helen as the TO has given you plenty of notice and also offered to refund the cost of the holiday.
Hi Helen
That is a shame. Very annoying but, as Glynis says, they have given options so I can't see you can get any further with it.
Have you thought about taking Stagecoach instead of the car? It can be a lot cheaper and actually it can be quite relaxing :)
Where are you headed to for Christmas?
At least they have given you 8 months notice and options. There isn't much that you can do as your planned holiday is in Winter 2014 season and most TOs are not even into Summer 2014 schedules.
Hi Helen

Under Reg 261/2004 ( http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:32004R0261:EN:HTML ) the airline has effectively cancelled the previously planned flight on which you had a reservation and re-routed you the following day.

Under this scenario the airline is under no obligation to pay any compensation as it has given you more than 14 days notice of the change.

However, the airline is obliged to offer you the choice of a full refund (so that you can book an alternative trip) or a re-route (which it has done on either the 22 or 26 Dec).

There is no obligation on the airline to offset your consequential losses (travel to the airport, parking, night in a hotel) as these are choices of your making not those of the airline.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.