Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I do appreciate the value of money, but surely £25 isn't the end of the world. Bite the bullet and look forward to a good time ........................
Hi,we've had a similar tale but in reverse,don't need parking to fly from Norwich cos hubby works for KLM,we've had our flight changed to Stansted incurring parking fees of £105 plus having to drive for about 1.5 hrs each way,apparently one of the drawbacks of booking early.
i booked birmingham airport parking with aph and the flight was changed to gatwick and with different dates and they aph offered me a full refund, no problems :tup :tup
we had to cancel a holiday and when we asked airport parking could we change date
and explained why they offered to refund the money
problem is some parking companies offer special rates now that are non refundable to entice you to book early, which may be what the op has booked.
Not a very good advert for the travel agent. If you booked the holiday with them as well then I suggest you don't again.

fwh
Not a very good advert for the travel agent. If you booked the holiday with them as well then I suggest you don't again

I would suggest that the travel agent is being quite fair offering to give £20 quid back. The booking conditions of the car park are not the fault of the travel agent. If anything its the car park thats being unfair, lay off the agent.

If it had been booked direct there would probably not be any refund at all!
I know it's very annoying, and it's the principle not the actual amount you've lost, but I expect the various terms and conditions aren't in your favour. Good of the travel agent to offer you £20. It's not their fault.Have a nice holiday.
It wouldn't be the agents fault if, before money had changed hands, the agent had explained that the tour operators conditions contained the possibility of the airport being changed and that the parking conditions didn't allow refunds in that case. Hands up all those who think that happened!!!

Selling two services with T&Cs that conflict with each other is wrong, and at the very least questions the competence of the agent. This is on a par with the older problem of selling insurance that doesn't cover the holiday activities. The problem is that the outstanding amount is quite small and any legal attempt to recover it would be a lot of effort and need documented proof that you weren't warned. I'd go along with FWHs view that the best course of action is simply not to do business with the agent again.

But thanks for raising an interesting point which others can now consider before allowing themselves to be caught out in a similar way.
Crumpet Queen you haven't said who your car parking has been booked with or how far the holiday is away. You could try contacting them direct to see if there's any way they could refund you under the circumstances. I would approach this as a pure enquiry rather than saying that you have already booked. They are unlikely to give you the info if they know you have already booked through an agent. If you get a positive answer go back to your agent and ask them to ring the car parking company again.

I know it's annoying but I don't really think the agent is at fault here. I know they sell the holidays and the extras, but at the end of the day it's up to us, the customer, if we choose to buy! Not saying this is your fault, but so many people blame the agents for selling them something but to sell there has to be somebody to buy. Just a thought.
I think somepeople forget that Travel Agents simply sell the holidays/car parking etc on behalf of the operator!.
The £20 the Travel Agent has offered will probably be given by the branch not the supplier the Car Park was booked through,therefore the branch will make a £20 loss.
People would do well to remember it was not the agents fault the flights were changed but they are the ones offering the £20 goodwill gesture, leaving them out of pocket!
It is not good business practice when the agent penalises the customer. They sell a product the customer buys in good faith. The agent is aware that such changes may take place and should not contract the car park without having a policy in place in case this happens.

Car parking is just like the travel insurance they sell - a money spinner.

fwh
Ta2005

I stand by my previous comment. When an agent sells more than one thing to be used together they should check that the conditions are compatible, including when things get altered since that happens so often in the holiday business.
Hi Why can't the TO pay us the same penalty charge that they expect us to pay them if we want to change any aspect of our holiday,we are expected to pay at least £30 per person,it would then help to pay any extra costs incurred.
Basically because they write the conditions! Also the British public let them get away with it or, to be more accurate, never bother to check when they sign up. I keep meaning to check whether multinationals like TC and TUI have the same conditions in their German broschures.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.