Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
The girlfriends parents have been told that the flights from LPL are cencelled and that they can do one of the following:

From reading your post, I gather that the others in the party are still travelling on this "cancelled" flight. If this is the case, somebody is telling you some porkies unless you are going to receive the same notification of cancellation in due course.

I would call the travel agent in the first instance for clarification.

Mark :D
One of the reservations was made direct with Teletickettravel so i have a copy of their T's and C's....

i have just read it after making my post above....

the relevant sections are (paraphrase):

if they change the uk departure airport from LPL to MAn this is classed as a major change".

if we agree to change to Man (assuming there is availability) the compensation is £10 per person.

for the purpose of the t's and c's...cancellation includes change of departure airport from Man to LPL....so i think thats where the travel agents wording will arise from....

as i say...since we are a group of 5 we dont want to split the party. it appears there is very limited availability Man - Tfs. And we would rather travel together (from Man if we realy do have to change airports)..but the point is we need to be together....

thanks again for any advice.
Had you made one booking for all 5 of you then I'd agree that you should all 5 be moved to Man or remain at LPL. However, as you made separate reservations this argument cannot be won.

I'm also guessing from your post that you have booked accomm. in Tenerife - but sep. from the flights. Hence, you're not in a position of being able to cancel and fly in August.

I think it has been agreed that the flight from LPL has not been cancelled, but is probably overbooked.

I'd be inclined to take the following route. Accept that unless you can convince the airline to "bump" somebody else in place of your girlfriend's parents then they are going to have to fly from MAN. In that case, the issue of arrival time at Tenerife should be checked as you might need to taxis to your accomm. Again, the airline won't concern themseleves with that aspect as you are three sep. bookings in their eyes.

Check out, first via trading standards, the eligibility to compensation for the parents on the basis that their flight is departing from LPL as scheduled but without either of them. I'd class that as being "bumped".

I've just re-read EC261/2004 directive (this covers deinied boarding and the compensation levels) and the airline is covered as they've informed the parents more than 2 weeks prior to scheduled departure. They are obliged to write and offer alternate trabel arrangements - and they've complied with this requirement by suggesting Manchester.

I'd try to appeal to the airline explaining the familial ties in your three bookings - they may just agree to "bounce" two others in their place.

Good Luck,
Mike
i've phoned teleticket this morning to enquire further. they say that all 3 seperate reservations have the same notes. (travelocity happened to be the first to contact us). the bottom line is that teleticket tell me the flight is not cancelled....they tell me that we can all check in at liverpool and then the plane will touch down at manchester.....then onward to tenerife.

sound very bizzare......

i will believe it when i see the tickets saying LPL-TFS via MAN.

now we have just got to ensure that travelocity dont change my girlfriends parents flights to MAN-TFS....
I know I'm cynical - sometimes way too much for my own good.

But, I find it hard to believe a plane will depart Liverpool for Manchester (max of 25 miles flight), land, then takeoff again for Tenerife.

Apart from the landing fees charged at Manchester the fuel situation would be of interest. Presumably they'll fuel at Liverpool with enough to get to Manchester but not too much as to exceed the landing weight restriction for the type of aircraft.

The long flight to Tenerife will then require a further top-up of fuel (I would think).

The logistics seem far too cmplex and expensive. Easier to bus people between L'pool and Manchester as needed.

I'd get their statement in writing a.s.a.p. - to be honest I don't believe them.

You could also contact Manchester Airport and ask if a flight from Liverpool has EVER landed there. Same with John Lennon Airport, ask if a flight has EVER departed for Manchester en-route to elsewhere.

Best of Luck.

Mike
got a call today to say "your outbound stops in man on way to tfs". "the return is cancelled"...

i know its not LPL's fault but this does nothing for convincing people to fly throuh LPL....

decided to cancel, get a full refund and rebook...

outbound still same (cos it was cheap and due to times contstraints we have)...

return on a scheduled flight to MAN.

thankfully the process of cancelling and rebooing hasnt cost any extra despite the short notice between now and sept.

teleticket come out of this very badly
Ilfc

Do you know the name of the carrier in all of this,quick call to their ops dept will confirm but I agree with Mike, they always bus between the 2 airports have never heard of the story that teletickets are telling you.
air europa is the carrier
sorry its AEA = astreus

will post any further updates....
sorry folks just checked and its definitely AEA

AEA Air Europa

similar to....

AEU/5W Astraeus

hence confusion...
digging up a thread from a LONG time ago, but the flight did depart LPL and stop in manchester. then continue to TFS. Never known anything like it ! We still talk about it today!
Thanks lfc84. We like it when members come back to update a complaints topic, although four years might be a bit of a record ! ;)

David :wave
Just for the record, what was it's stand to stand journey time and would it have been faster to drive down the M62!
i think it was about 15 minutes - stand to stand. took off about 2330 iirc so both airports were very quiet.

it was quite amusing to see people in manchester get on our plane and see other passengers already on board. they wre amazed we had come from Liverpool !
We had friends who are terrified of flying ( especially the take off and landing ) who returned from spain one year and the tour operators combined two flights into one, it landed at what was then called Teeside airport and then went on to Newcastle! a distance of about 40 miles :rofl :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.