Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
well done you better to be safe than sorry i don't think i'll get a holiday next year came back from altinkum last thursday for the daughter to tell me gas boiler has packed in and they can't get the parts for it so i'll need to get a new system put in :cry thank god i had my holiday :)

suzie
Hi i would definatley change if your not happy with it! I booked a holiday for next year with thomson and when i got home and looked at it properly on the net i didnt like it atall i was so upset cause its my first holiday with my son and want it to be perfect so found what i wanted and went back in the shop 2 days later to pay the £35 each to change it. The place i wanted was a little more expensive but that didnt matter. In the end the people who they ring to confirm it ( thomson office i presume ) they let me off with the £35 charge for each person so i was well happy!

Hope you get sorted :cheers
I was asked to pay the £35 for each person (which I think is alittle too high although I expected to pay something).
I may approach Thomson direct and ask them if they would waver the cost due to the reviews of the hotel on Trip Advisor. The travel agent may not like it, but tough!!!.
I should have gone with my gut instinct in the 1st place.
I am happy with my new choice now.

Lisa :)
The admendment fee of £35 pp is one big money making scheme for tour ops, it should be per booking, it does not cost anymore if its 1 person or 10, same amount of work. I seem to wriggle out of paying one way or another.
Well, I have emailed the tour operator direct and await a reponse.

Lisa :)
£35 per person is ridiculous especially for kids aswell, my little uns only 2 for god sake! anyway hopefully you'll manage to get out of the cost! it obviously costs them no time or trouble if they can waver it for people, as you say, money makin sceme!!
The only thing against me maybe is the fact that the new booking is slightly cheaper. We will see.

Lisa :tup
Just to let you know that Thomson refused to refund me the £70.
They didn't even acknowledge the fact I had concerns about the hotel in their brochure.
I said I knew that in fact they had refunded someone else back their money so why not me?.
I wont let it drop.

Lisa :think
I have stayed at the Magic Tulip three times the last time this year and it is a lovely hotel,the rooms always kept clean, the hotel and pool clean and the breakfast was fine. I can understand Thomson not refunding your money just on a few reveiws on Trip advisor as many more people have stayed there and not written a review. The Magic Tulip hotel has been sold by Thomson for about 15 years and they would know of any problems by now as the same family have owned and run it all that time and the Thomson rep is always visiting. The change of holiday detail price was written in the contract that you signed and agreed to.
You r entitled to your opinion as I am mine.
Another person on this website were not charge the £35 due to not liking the reviews etc on their choosen hotel. So Thomson are hypercrites for saying they treat everyone the same.
It wasn't just on Trip Advisor that I based my judgement on. There are many other forums out there where people have choose to have written bad reviews about the hotel in question.
Like I said, I should have gone with my instincts at the time of booking. I am happy with the choosen hotel now and do not have any regrets in doing what i did.
I'm happy you had an enjoyable stay, others haven't.

Lisa :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.