General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
It depends who you have booked through. Best to read their terms and conditions where you should be able to get all the information you need. If you have booked a package holiday they will just check the current cost and then you will have to pay an amendment fee. This differs between companies.
Thanks - have booked with Thomson and they say an amendment fee of £35 for 'each change' ---- whatever that means ! Have usually spent years checking out hotels so know what to expect when we go -- this hotel was a 'quick decision' so I'm getting cold feet ! Have just had a look at their web site and it still looks nice so perhaps it is just me panicing over nothing :)
(have just got a 'niggle' !!!!) :yikes

Thanks again and merry Christmas ! :cheers
before charging off changing things why not check the Hotel Reviews section off the top menu bar and if that doesn't help tell us the name here.
Hi Steve,

Have ploughed through reviews at least 10 times on Ht and Trip Advisor (shhh don't tell) and they do actually look really good - the hotel site seems fine as well --- am just worried that it may be a more family orientated , lively hotel when we just want some P&Q and to chill more. If we didn't have to go in August I am sure it would have been perfect ! The ratings from Thomson for 2009 are okish but not as good as other hotels we had looked at : The Aegean Dream and La Blanche.

It is the kadikale Resort in Turgutreis - have posted on the Turkey Forum for any tips from folk on there.

Thanks for the help

;)
Hi Presto
I have just changed my Thomson booking and paid £35 per person to change from Jamaica in February 2010 to Cuba in March 2011.
Oh, that doesn't sound too bad then -- was that per person or for the booking ?

:tup
Per person so it was £70 for the two of us.
Mmmmmmm ----- am still looking through reviews and at all other hotels. I suppose I wish that some of these hotels were more adults only but they aren't. Am not anti families but after the holiday we had in August at a very family friendly hotel in Crete I am worried that our 2 week holiday could end up in a Turkish version of that hotel.

Decisions, decisions .............................. :duh

Out of interest, if we had to book another flight and go to Izmir rather than Bodrum, as well as a change of hotel, would that count as 2 changes or one do you think? We had a stop at a hotel on a recent visit to Ephesus from the OV2 and the hotel was fantastic. We would be more than happy to change to that one but dont want to waste too much money just changing for changing sake

:cheers
Think that is down to Thomsons and/or your agent. As I say we only paid £35 each to change destination, hotel and year.
We may change and smile a lot ! I think any hotel we book may end up more expensive so they may be nice to us !

;)
Presto2 wrote:
Out of interest, if we had to book another flight and go to Izmir rather than Bodrum, as well as a change of hotel, would that count as 2 changes or one do you think? We had a stop at a hotel on a recent visit to Ephesus from the OV2 and the hotel was fantastic. We would be more than happy to change to that one but dont want to waste too much money just changing for changing sake

Would just count as 1 change.

Changing date, duration, destination, hotel etc all at the same time would only be a £35pp charge.
Oh thanks for that gr123 :wave: :wave: :wave:

All I need to do now is make my mind up :rofl

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.