General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
charging MP3
11 Posts
Scouse mags,

It depends on the model of mp3 player, but there are USB chargers you can plug in to the mains.

Darren
Moved to general holiday enquiries

Biff
Hi Mags
Garry got one of these off internet a couple of months ago. You just plug it into the mains.
It also worked with an IPod. It was only a couple of pounds.
I will get him to put the link for it on when he comes home.

Maryb
most hotels have internet pcs so you could charge it up on thefre.
there are also internet cafes all over the world.
i have, in the past, asked at hotel reception when the hotels internet pcs were always busy and they plugged mine in to the usb on the hotels office pc
I have a Sony USB charger that just plugs into the mains - it came with various travel adaptors too. I bought mine on ebay - it wasn't very expensive. Charges the ipod and the sat nav - probably other things as well. Very useful item.

Pippa
Thanks very much for all of your replies, think I might go on Amazon or E.bay and look for usb charger.
here is the link for a selection of the chargers that Mary promised

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h__1_11?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=mp3+charger+plug&sprefix=mp3+charger

With these plugs you just plug your existing usb lead into the back of the plug and use as a mains charger,much cheaper than an original.

Garry
I bought a portable charger for my iPod a few years ago - you put batteries into it (4xAA) and it charges your iPod like usual (where you would normally plug it in with a USB) - means you dont have to be anywhere near a PC, but you will need to take batteries with you :)
Cant remember where i bought mine from though (Im thinking possibly HMV).

GG x
Another good option that I did a couple of years ago was to purchase some travel speakers for my iPod which plugs into the mains (or battery use) and your iPod/MP3 player can charge directly from that....saves taking a seperate charger :tup
Try a 'Solar Monkey' or 'Solar Monkey Explorer. These will charge mobile phones, Mp3s, iPods, PSPs, Gameboys etc and work from solar power so you can even charge your iPod on your sunlounger or in the middle of the Amazon!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.