UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Reasonable chain hotels are Travelodge, Premier Travel Inn, Days Inn, Ibis and Formula 1 hotels. All these have websites where you can book on line - and your preferred search engine should be able to direct you to their sites directly. Don't forget to bring wellies and rain gear though!
Thanks for that Alsacienne

I have tried Travelodge before with no luck - no cheap offers on the areas we're travelling through, but I'll give the other chains you mentioned a shot. We live in Kent and thought that the further north we went the cheaper the accommodation would be, but it doesn't seem to be the case.
I'll let you know if I have any joy.

What do you mean about wellies? The weather is going to be wonderful - I've ordered it specially!
Headingley Carnegie Stadium has a hotel overlooking the ground for about £50 a night, otherwise there are plenty of B&Bs which also overlook the ground and may be cheaper. Search for B&Bs in Headingley, Leeds
Thanks for that Daveyjp.

We've already booked somewhere in Leeds, but will remember that for another time. OH would enjoy waking up overlooking the ground.
What about buying, borrowing or renting a camper van - just a thought :roll:
jdybnsn

What about buying, borrowing or renting a camper van - just a thought

The amount of camping and caravan sites still open in December are reducing fast

Fly camping(Wild camping)in car parks is frowned upon by the Police (thatnks to the travellers)

AND the smallest decent camper you can hire is usually a 2.5L diesel
Thanks jdybnsn and madcaravanner

I'm afraid I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to driving anything bigger than a car and it wouldn't be fair to expect OH to do all the driving.

We've managed to pre-book a couple of Travelodges at £15 per room per night, so we're pleased with that.

A real bargain was bed and breakfast for both of us for £20 at an inn. That's £10 each! It's a special deal that Eldridge Pope (Night at the Inn) are doing on Sunday nights. I don't think it's just basic accommodation either - some of the inns have a 'normal' rate of £70 per night. For anyone that can take a Monday off work, they could have a day out somewhere Sunday, stop over at one of the inns and travel back on Monday, a nice cheap break.
Hi All

Merry Christmas!

Thanks to all of you that have suggested accommodation for our travels in April. I've now booked all 9 nights - 2 at pubs, 2 at b & b's and the remaining 5 at Travelodges at a grand total of £266.00. That's an average of under £30 per night. So I'm well pleased with that. Should help to compensate for the horrendous cost of the petrol we'll use.

Sue :o)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.