Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Cheap Alcohol
12 Posts
Two shops next door to the pelicanos had cheap drinks, couple we met got drinks for cocktails there, said it was the best deals they found for liquers,
Thanks will have to have a look there then! Is it shops towards the square? Or shops towards the other road leading to McD's
if your on the main beach road i call it...walk down towards macs/ they are on the left.but you have to shop around a bit,some are just a bit more than others.ie 95 cents ect...but it still cheap where ever you go,,,on that road on the left side.you will see the barrel exchange shops.go to the 2nd one. turn left up the road and right across you will see a nother ale shop..very good.massive choice.
we find bodega el barrell cheapest there are several of them def know one is by hotel pelicanos and almost sure another one is about halfway in between old town and new town on avenue mediterano
What is the restriction you can bring back?

And would you agree that about 1litre in a plastic bottle is the equivalent of 1kg... without going into density of the liqueur/alcohol
Never thought about how much a litre plastic bottle weighs before now but I just happen to have one in stock :wink:

It actually weighs 1kg and 30grams so I guess that the 30 grams is the weight of the plastic bottle.

You learn something new everyday. :lol:

As for the allowance from an E.U. country, well i'm not sure about that but I believe that it's quite a lot. Probably more kg's than your total weight allowed by the airline.
:lol:
Sue :)
:lol: thanks!

would you then happen to know how much a litre of a glass bottle ways :lol:
HI, I have just weighed an unopened litre bottle & it weighs 1.526 k, quite a bit heavier to carry.
we find bodega el barrell cheapest there are several of them def know one is by hotel pelicanos and almost sure another one is about halfway in between old town and new town on avenue mediterano

Yes, both are situated on Avda Mediterraneo....one is halfway towards the old town and the other is on the corner near the hotel Villa de Benidorm..a couple of doors down from the Vina del Mar cafe and apartments.
As for the allowance from an E.U. country, well i'm not sure about that but I believe that it's quite a lot. Probably more kg's than your total weight allowed by the airline.

The guideline is 10 litres of spirits click here
Hope you realise that you will have to pack this in your suitcase. :shock:
No carrying through customs anymore in hand luggage....and if you are overweight, what the airline will charge you, may outweigh any cheapness/savings from the shop.

It may be worth considering buying in Alicante Airport, I know there is a liquor shop, as well as Duty Free...but atleast you will be able to carry any purchase's on board the aircraft....unless you're planning on buying a cratefull :lol:

Sanjiiiiiiiiiii
:lol: Just getting liqueurs from Benidorm... there is five of us anyway! We are getting all the spirits from the airport!
that would be your best bet..you will pay a bit more ,but just think how much you can carry back with you....yes no water ect .when you check in...mine you in jan i must have a nice face,,,i got through with a bottle of brandy and water...lucky me
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.