Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Which airport can you fly from?
well i am in kent so preferably gatwick heathrow anywhere close by if it is a lot of difference in price then a bit further travelling to the airport wouldnt matter. :D
How many weeks Chris 3? and is it for 4 people?
it will be for 3, but if too expensive i will go for two weeks. There are about 12 adults, but if we have differnt seats and book at different times that fine.
Have you tried Brithish Airways ?

I always fly with them to larnaca and the prices are usually very competitive if you book early enough :lol:
Just out of interest do you still get treated like cattle at the airport arrivals when you book through BA or is there some better treatment than the package tour "fodder"that we experienced in August.
Wayne

we flew BA Gatwick - Paphos mid August, no problems at either end, all very civilised.

boaz
The whole BA experience is excellent in my opinion.......no "cattle" syndrome at all.....that's why I use them as it's so easy and civilised.

At Heathrow you even have 3 options for checking in now. Self serve, online :lol: OR traditional check in desk. I've used all 3 and would never use the traditional method ever again. I'm actually checking in tonight online for my flight tomorrow evening.....I'll print my own boarding card and check the luggage in an hour before the flight at the fastrack luggage desk.........job done.

Highly recommended all round
ive tried BA and they are most expensive at the moment. Cyprus airways i got as low as £217.00, but you get food on flight, you can drink as much alcohol as you like and screens on every seat.

There must be somewhere thats cheaper?
XL Airways fly out of Gatwick and they have prices available for next year at the moment on http://www.xl.com

Just looked at Helios but they haven't released the flight prices and times as of yet but you could keep trying them as I doubt it'll be long before they do.

Otherwise I came up with the same prices as you, unfortunately you won't get a Charter flight for a 3 weeks duration so you're stuck with scheduled airlines. Unless you decide on a fortnight in which case all the top charter providers should come up with prices.......albeit you've probably picked the most expensive 3 weeks period to go :roll: I wouldn't have thought you would beat that Cyprus airways price of £217..........I'd book it immediately if I were you as it's a good price. I paid under £200 for BA flights leaving tomorrow to Larnaca but I booked those quite in advance and it's September and they were without doubt the cheapest prices around at the time even charter flights were more let alone Cyprus and Helios.....so it really just depends on when you book.

Get those Cyprus Airways flights while you can mate :wink:
there is no such thing as a cheep or budget flight to Cyprus.. just back yesterday with Helios ex Luton the cheapest i could find see Helios link below

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=48485

wizard
Saphire,I was refering to your treatment at Larnaca.Is it any better for a schedule BA flight,instead of waiting for nearly 2 hours surrounded by about a thousand others,many smoking in your face waiting for luggage to come on the carousel.Put me of Cyprus really.
Hi Wayne..........sorry I misunderstood :roll:

I have to call it as I find it and have to say the treatment when flying Shedule as oppose to charter once in Larnaca is no different..........However I've noticed BA flights don't tend to land at the same time as any other airlines...........We've always basically had the baggage reclaim area to ourselves ie: just the BA passengers and I've read before about people having problems and being put off Cyprus by the whole Larnaca experience, but I've never encountered anything like that..............call it luck or good management I don't know.

But I certainly can't emphasise enough the good experiences I've had with BA in 16 years of visiting Cyprus........and this is usually 3 times a year.

I'd say give them a go.....price wise they're competitive as long as you book fairly early, I doubt you would go charter again to Larnaca......Cyprus Airways are also very good. As for Helios I've only used them a couple of times and again no problems except their flights did coincide arriving with charter flights.
Where can I get cheap flights to Paphos. My son has just gone out there for 6 months as a holiday rep for Thomas Cook and I'd love to be able to visit as often as I can as I'm sure there will be a ton of washing waiting for me!!!!! Any ideas on cheap accommodation would be great too.
Have a look at holiday rentals, there are loads of nice reasonably prices places on there.
Have a look on http://www.cheapflights.co.uk they can sometimes offer cheap (well cheap for Cyprus) last minute flights.

If you are flexible then some people find it cheaper to book one way and then book a return one way when you are in Paphos. With your son working for a holiday company then the resort office should be able to help him with this. However, you would have to be very flexible for this option.

Flights to Paphos though do tend to be expensive compared to many other destinations. This is due to the long flight and airport handling fees in Cyprus.

I would have thought that your son could also be able to ask the office for any accommodation that they have going spare. Holiday companies book what they call guaranteed accommodation which means they pay for it in advance and sometimes they don't sell it all so they have a gap which can be filled at a relatively cheap price.
Booked a villa for next August 2007 in Protaras. Never done DIY before. Can anybody tell me the best time to get the cheaper flights - do the airlines release them at a certain time or is it just luck of the draw?

preferably want to fly from a midlands airport. :roll:
I've booked our flights with First Choice flying from Donington (EMA not NEMA). Cost about the same next year for both of us as it did each this year! Bargain! £124 each - 2nd September for 2 weeks.

First Choice have had their flights up for over a week.
The last time I looked our flights had gone up £30.00 each.

Get in now!

Err, I hope you don't mind a bit of advice from a seasoned DIYer.
I always book flight first, then accomodation. What if you can't get a flight to coincide with the start of your let period?
I know it is not likely to be the case, but still a bit risky.

Mark
Thanks for the tip. The villa belongs to a friend of my sister's and she doesn't let it out - only to friends and relatives so we're safe with the dates. But will take your advice for future hols in case we go diy again. :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.