Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Excellent,

Thanks loads, had been all round MSN search engine with no luck.

I hate google, but there you are, maybe have to rethink........ ( saved it to my favourites now)

Cheers,
Janet
Anyone an Idea what is the problem over the past 3 weeks at Larnaca I note again yesterday that flights were up to 1.5hrs and over late departing.
Just pure busy, they cannot cope with the increased demand so thats why they are building new facilities.
I think I can answer my own question the problems is Ground Handling Staff I checked on the net and there are major problems.
Seems they have changed the contractor at both larnaca and Paphos and they are not upto the job. Cases going on the wrong aircraft also passengers going to the wrong aircraft total mayhem.
I was at Larnaca airport on sunday 20th July to catch my flight back to Glasgow with thomsonfly.the flight arrived on time but was about 1 hr 15 mins late leaving as Larnaca is a total shambles in the check in area(on a Sunday anyway)with 10 desks for Thomson/First Choice for all flights to Uk so utter bedlam with queues going everywhere.we were in a queue for about 1hr 20 mins just to check in as the luggage belt broke,then when called for boarding we had to stay in the gate for 35 mins waiting for a bus to take us to the plane.They do have a website which shows live flights its http://www.cyprusairports.com.cy :cry
Hi Goalkeeper.
What were the delays like in Arrivals? how long to get your cases?
We arrived on time into Larnaca but unfortunately had to wait about 45 mins waiting for our luggage.A few peoples cases came onto the belt just after we got into the terminal but then it just went round and round with nothing else happening for about 45 mins(maybe on there tea break :que )then it all arrived.Another flight which arrived later than us on a different luggage belt got there right away and everyone there had vanished but we were still left to last for some reason,so it would explain why delays build up on departure there fairly quickly.
Hi Goalkeeper,
45mins is about par for the course to recive your luggage at Larnaca on a Sunday in the main season,the other flight could have been Cyprus Airways they seem to get priority.
Has anyone flown into/out of the new airport, just wondering what facilities it has and
how much better than the old one it is. Thanks
Hi keels71 ... while you wait for some feedback here, I see that there is also a topic about Larnaca Airport in our Cyprus forum. Discussion is mainly about smoking, but you may be able to attract further info by posting there too:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=137897

David :wave
Are all flights using airbridge for flights now or is it still by bus???
We flew into Larnaca on 11/8 and out on 25/8 and used airbridge both times - didn't see any buses around?
Irene
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.