Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Lloyd,

I'd book it all independently. Book your flights directly with the budget airlines, depends on where you're flying from but most UK airports have a number of companies flying to Palma - bmi baby, monarch, easy jet, jet 2 etc. Some flights are available now but a lot of companies will release them later this year. We booked flights for June this year with bmi baby in November 2007 and got flights from Manchester to Palma for just under £80 each.

Once you've got your cheap flights sorted you'll easily find loads of accomodation on sites like Travel Republic, Alpharooms or WSH Travel. Prices will vary depending on the type of place you stay, how many nights you are staying for, how many people per room etc, but you should be able to find something half decent reasonably cheaply.

Steve
I've been looking for a flight to Majorca next June for a long weekend. Thomsons and First Choice have released their flights but the prices are unbelievable :yikes . Between 200 and 250 quid.
First Choice and Thomson have a different pricing procedure to the low cost airlines. Wait until the summer 09 prices are released by the Budget airlines (Easyjet, Ryanair, BMI, Jet2 etc etc) and you'll get prices at a fraction of those you've been quoted.

Try Solmelia.com for the best prices (guaranteed) for Sol Hotels.

Cheers

Adam
Thanks Adam. Will wait until budget airlines release their fares. Cost of our flight this year was about £120 Friday til Tuesday. How do you get a really cheap fare??
Hi, jet2 has released it's flights for 2009, but they are going up each day. The prices seemed very cheap but once they add on the taxes and fuel charges it put's it up a bit.

bamburghsue
Try using skyscanner.net for cheap flights. Particularly useful if you are able to be a bit flexible with your dates. As it covers more than one airline, I've flown out with one and back with another :fly to get the cheapest options. Louise
Hi Louise

I've been using Skyscanner for a couple of years now, but it seems like there are a few companies not listed on there from time to time.

My family mostly live in Yorkshire, so Leeds Bradford Airport is one of the first I look at (usually Jet2.com) but occasionally they don't show up on Skyscanner, yet when I check Jet2's own site, they have flights available.

Similarly, my son had some leave from the Army last week and wanted to come over, and I got him a return flight with First Choice out of East Midlands very cheap, albeit being a 3.30am flight. I still use Skyscanner, but with the Holiday season in full swing you might be as well checking Thomsonfly and First Choice to see if they have any special last minute flights.

Cheers

Adam
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.