Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
christmas 2010
18 Posts
Well I have been going to Goa for Xmas in the past few years and I think the prices for this coming Xmas are quite steep, I am going on 21 December for 2 weeks we are staying in 2 star Riverside Regency and total cost for 2 is £2400 so 1200 pp , this is a considerable amount more than I paid 2 years ago for the Highland Beach in Candolim, but I so want to go so I booked anyway, I think £1000 is actully ok for the coming season. Have you tried Jewel in the Crown ?, they are usually quite reasonable.
Hi
Just a note
We booked to go on the 21st Dec to the Marinha Dorada. The strange thing was that on the same date to the same hotel flying with Thomson it was costing more for two weeks than for three! Just something to consider. I also note that prices are seemingly still going up as we booked this a week ago and it's gone up £50 already.

Good luck with the search but prices are going to keep on rising in my opinion as the £1 keeps dropping (yesterday it fell a lot) The price of fuel will start increasing and I wonder with the governments talk about "pain" in our lives....this may mean travel costs!!

It's a gamble! Good luck with the search
Hi Parax

Have you looked at DIY weve booked with Jet flying xmas day just under £1100 for both of us including internal flights. We paid 900 rups a night last year for our usual accomodation and dont expect to pay much more this year ( last year was the first increase for 4 years and we did have a larger apartment ) we are roughly calculating £1500 to cover the flights and room for 3 weeks. As we have to fly on xmas day due to work commitments weve always found the price higher xmas eve/xmas day so may get cheaper flights. I booked through travelocity found these were cheaper than Jet website and they gave us more options for internal flights than Southall who we usually book through. Although we did book as soon as the dates were released back in Feb so they may have increased now.

Good Luck

Julie
We booked with Olympic for 3 weeks from 10 December and we paid £860 each, less than last year and the year before. Think this may be because we are travelling back on new years day, not a popular time as we will probably get no sleep that night.
loads of cheap ones on jewel in the crown anyway if anyones looking ;)
Tour operators and airlines are not stupid.

They know how much we dream about getting away for Christmas and price accordingly.

The myth of flights being cheaper Christmas day is I fear just a myth.

oh how I dream of being away from all the Christmas nonsense.

Papa
Never in a million years would I pay the prices being asked to go to Goa at Xmas time. Plus I dont even want to be away at Xmas time, but thats another story .....
I cant get my head round why someone would pay about £1500 per person to stay in a basic 2 star B & B in Goa :que
Plus when you get there the place is jam packed and then sitting in a taxi in an endless queue to get to the beach for New Year. Only my opinion, and I appreciate we are all different, but thats not enjoyment to me.
we looked at going for 3wks covering xmas and new year,but on checking we found flights that were £225 cheaper each for a 5 wk stay. £545 for 3 wks,£340 for 5 wks. :rofl. i understand not everyone can go for 5 wks. our guesthouse is charging us £10 per night b+b for the 2 of us from the 22nd dec thro to 3rd jan.all in all we,re very happy. :cheers
I hate paying inflated prices at xmas but because of work commitments the xmas period is the only time I can get there for 3 weeks and also more importantly I love being away at xmas time our (sometimes not always logical thinking) justification in paying more for this time of the year is that we count this as our xmas pressie to each other and if we stayed at home we would be spending more on food drink and entertaining over the xmas period I would never pay the tour operators prices unless I got a really good deal that fitted in with my dates, I prefer scheduled flights so we can fit the exact dates in and they are not that bad really if you book well in advance if I can get 3 weeks including our accomodation for around £700-£750 each I am happy

We dont have children and I hate all the hype that goes with it now. All our family and friends are quite shocked that even though I am in this country until xmas eve/day usually, I dont put up decorations etc theres something very special about finishing work xmas eve and while everyone else is dashing around getting last minute shopping etc, we are heading south to heathrow for our flight the next morning...and even better is new years eve on the beach we stay in Candolim so no taxi's needed and even though its busier for a week between xmas and new year you can still get a beach bed, seat in a restuarant every night so its not really spoiling anything.

But....we are all different and this place would be boring if we were all the same ( and went to Goa at the same time :) )
I just love Goa at Xmas time , if it were possible I would go every year , however, I cannot get the time off every year, plus my little Grandson who is one now will be getting into the exciting Father Xmas stage next year.
I know the prices are more...........but I love the magic, the nativity scenes and Xmas day on the beach :D
Xmas is the only time we can get 3 weeks off together as well. I don't think the price we pay is over the top. For the last 3 years we have paid between £850 and £890, its actually gone down each year. We used to go to the Canaries or Benidorm for 1 week at Xmas and it cost us about £650 and the weather and food are nowhere near as good. It is busier around the few days around Xmas and New Year but our hotel is virtually on the beach and there are lots of restaurants within walking distance so it doesn't really affect us except for when we go to the meet up. We make sure we go to all the far away restaurants or anywhere else we need to go in a taxi during our first week when we get there.
''Never in a million years would I pay the prices being asked to go to Goa at Xmas time. Plus I dont even want to be away at Xmas time, but thats another story .....
I cant get my head round why someone would pay about £1500 per person to stay in a basic 2 star B & B in Goa
Plus when you get there the place is jam packed and then sitting in a taxi in an endless queue to get to the beach for New Year. Only my opinion, and I appreciate we are all different, but thats not enjoyment to me.''

You're right mate, everyones different and that's the loverly thing about the human race.
We've booked to go to Goa over Xmas and the new year and probably the cost you've quoted will end up being fairly conservative, but we're all dead for a long time and wtf, we're gonna have a party!!
i agree with spottycatz,,,,,, our kids have flown the nest.now it,s our time.we are doing 5 wks 30th nov till 5the jan flights £340 each,accom £135 each.who said you have to pay thousands to be in goa for xmas and new year...??????
Valleylady thats a brilliant price for a flight, even although youre not flying out at Xmas time, £340 is still very good for a flight in November. I dont think ive seen any flights below the £500 mark for Goa (so far). £135 is also fantastic for staying for 5 weeks! Is that each person for each week or £135 for 2 people for the full five weeks :think cos if its the latter then youve probably got the deal of the century.
hi gemma,we booked as soon as flights became available in late jan.accom is in different places as we are doing a bit of travelling before reaching calangute on 20th dec,price is each,but for 12 days in goa 2oth dec to 3rd jan it worked out at £112 b+b for the to of us. :cheers we,re well happy
Excellent, still a good price for the festive season Valleylady :tup
hiya, we have just booked 2 weeks all -inclusive going on the 14th dec i think we got a good deal.£1000 each flying with thomas cook from manchester.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.