Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hi wilson mcmillan,
for me it would depend on what holiday the hour will be taken from,if it's the one where it's just me and my partner,i cant tell you,but if it's the one when we have the kids with us,i would also be poolside with a cold beer but being constantly pestered either by the staff to join in something embarrassing or the kids to go on the slides or wavepool,which i secretly enjoy, :yipee
Lying on a big cushion on Bitez beach with a cold Efes and a good book!
Olu Deniz,floating in the lagoon, looking up at the mountains. Bliss!
Back to my office to fix that webcam once and for all lol

John
If Santa could whisk you back to Turkey for one hour on Christmas Day (but it was actually in July) where would you go and what would you do ??

Ohhhhh that would be great Wilson!!.I would go back to Marmaris to Bobby's beach and have a nice cold beer or 5 :wink: with some lovely village beard! arrrrr :lol:
  • Edited by boro_red 2006-12-22 16:03:54
I would go to the Famous old Kitchen for a fabulous meal and a laugh.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE
Margaret and Mark
Yes please, laying on the beach at Olu Deniz, those amazing mountains ! :D

Propping up the bar at a little hotel we stayed in with all the great friends we made, in Calis beach, comes a close second. :glynis

Having soup for breakfast with our Turkish friends in Icmeler, we were made very welcome.

Afternoon tea with Kaya and his marvellous staff at his fabulous Villa Konak, Kusadasi, tranquil and so friendly 8)

Could go on for ever, wish we were there :cry:
Huddled around the brazier in Bob Hoskins' Restaurant in Side. Then I wouldn't have to cook for 11 people.
Mine would have to be the last hour at the Hotel Bar after having been out for a lovely evening in Marmaris, where we had a beautiful dinner, danced our feet off, spent time with all our new Turkish friends, but that last hour was always the most precious of memories with the great people in the hotel.

Mary x
We would love to be on 1 of John's boat trips with fellow HT members and staff from Famous Kitchen.

love Norman and Diane.

PS A very Merry Christmas to everyone
I would go to Robin Hood Bars in Alanya.
Party all night long (or well, that hour ..)

Merry Christmas everyone ..
Just back ... Weather was fantastic, must have been well over 100 degrees, the pool at Club Turquoise kept me cool though and of course the Efes helped too. Will definately go back, the people are so nice and the food is terrific. When was this ? Christmas Day of course about 4.00pm after too much food and drink, only wish I could have slept longer ..

Wilson :wink:
Haha!! Wilson.

I'm surprised I didnt see you there!
Wilson, so glad you enjoyed your hour there. I would have loved to meet up with Nico from the Adam and Eve, near the Armar, as he and my daughter have just become engaged :D
Hi Wilson, I just thought I'd pop on here, missing turkey so much. I can't go in May as I will be 8mths pregnant but I am still going in September. Loads of people think I'm mad going with a 3mth old but I'm sure we will be fine.

My hour would have to be sitting in a bar overlooking the sea in the steaming sunshine drinking a lovely cold glass of efes (Imagining that I'm not pregnant, lol!) and eating one of those yummy kebabs with chips... mmmmm. Mind you it would be nice to spend it with friends that we have met over there too or maybe going on a boat trip, swimming in the sea. Or maybe drinking cocktails on an evening watching everyone walk past whilst waiting for my yummy dinner to arrive, or perhaps shopping or chilling on a sun lounger eating an icecream, or a lovely turkish bath.

Mmmm... just one hour!!!?? It's not enough!! I can't wait to go back in september, just gutted I gotta wait so long!

love nikki xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.