Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Williec, I can tell you that the prices do go up a little bit and then drop down again after the "Indian" tourist go back to Mumbai etc in the New Year. I only know this as the owner of one little "bar grotty" we visit in Calungue told my husband and his friend, "now the Indians go home, we have dropped price again" but don't worry it was only a couple rupees diference!

As far as Christmas / New Year is concerned you will be able to eat, drink and make merry to your hearts content! Most hotels have (free) gala evenings on Christmas Day and New Year's eve but would suggest you find a beach shack that holds an event (ie Bobby's on Candolim Beach has a 5 course barbeque/meal and there are dancers, fire eaters etc etc coming around etc etc) and book this.

As at 12.00 all the fireworks go off around the bay and it is a spectacular site and many people end up on the beach at this time and I prefer to have a comfortable seat and drink already in my hand! It is an truely electric night!

Hope this helps a bit.
Hi Williec, I can tell you that the prices do go up a little bit and then drop down again after the "Indian" tourist go back to Mumbai etc in the New Year. I only know this as the owner of one little "bar grotty" we visit in Calungue told my husband and his friend, "now the Indians go home, we have dropped price again" but don't worry it was only a couple rupees diference!

As far as Christmas / New Year is concerned you will be able to eat, drink and make merry to your hearts content! Most hotels have (free) gala evenings on Christmas Day and New Year's eve but would suggest you find a beach shack that holds an event (ie Bobby's on Candolim Beach has a 5 course barbeque/meal and there are dancers, fire eaters etc etc coming around etc etc) and book this.

As at 12.00 all the fireworks go off around the bay and it is a spectacular site and many people end up on the beach at this time and I prefer to have a comfortable seat and drink already in my hand! It is an truely electric night!

Hope this helps a bit.

I posted this a while ago when the board was well broken. Just wondering if anyone else has any other thoughts

Thanks

Will
Dona Paula is just outside Panjim - 7 kms/about a 10 minute bus ride - and it is really a street with jetty at the bottom. All the daily tour buses finish their day there as the visitors can go round the bay on jet skis or get a boat ride out to sea and buy (usually) childrens clothes from the stall arranged on there.

Have a look at this -

http://www.indianbeachesportal.com/goa-beaches/dona-paula-beach.html

There are a couple of nice hotels on the street down to the jetty and the 5* Cidade de Goa hotel is in a bay which you can see from Donna Paula. They seem to have taken over that beach but there are no shacks on it. We stayed there a few years ago and used to walk to Dona Paula but there really is not much to do there.
Going to Candolim by taxi - no idea as we don't use taxis - but would sort out the price beforehand if I was going into Candolim on either Christmas Eve or New Years Eve.
Just remembered - there is a nice bar on the right at the bottom of the hill just as the jetty starts.
Thanks for taking the time to reply
WE went to Dona Paula and it was a lovely place I would recommend it to anyone I think its worth a visit :lol:
When we were there the guide on our trip told us a romantic story about a coupel who lept to their death because they could not be together :love can anyone tell me the story again I cant quite remember it all :thanks
Quite agree it is a nice place to visit but wouldn't want to stay there for a couple of weeks.
If you look at the link I posted on my first reply the story is on there. :love
:glynis Narial yes that is the story ok ....I think I will give Dona paula anouther visit in november ...my brother and his wife are going with us :love to goa and I would like them to see the statue of the lovers ...and here the story while we are there.... :thanks ...colleen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.