Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi,
No, they're totally different places. The Vila Dona Ana is, as far as I can make out from the description, very close to the old Golfinho Hotel, whereas the Via Dona Ana apartments is a 9 or 10 storey apartment block approx half a mile further inland.
Thanks Sagres - you've set my mind at rest as I have just provisionally booked the Vila Dona Ana apartments for a week in May. Thank you also for the simplylagos link you gave in another of your posts, which is where I found the details of the apartment.

Now if I can get a flight at a decent price I'll make a firm booking for the apartment and I'm off to Largos. :D
You're welcome; from the photos of the Vila Dona Ana it looks as if you've made the right choice.
As far as flights are concerned there don't appear to be any really cheap ones available for May as we've been looking to fit in two weeks in May ourselves. We booked our September flights last year and got great prices, so I'm using those ( £140 return for the two of us !) as a benchmark and today's prices are well above those. I can't put up with this weather until September though, so it looks as if I'm going to have to bite the bullet and pay the going price.
Enjoy Lagos, and if you need any recommendations for restaurants or contact addresses for taxi transfers, just shout.
Cheers,

I'll take you up on that. What we (ie. himself) really like is nice laid back bars with good beer. What we like next (ie. me) is FOOD, I love food. So your recommendations for laid back bars with good beer and laid back reataurants with good food would be greatly appreciated. If we could combine both we'd hit the jackpot. :D

J
Hi, Jaytee,
I'll compile a list of bars & restaurants and p.m. you with some basic directions.
What a nice person you are.

J
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.