Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Hi Chris, We love Caleta de Fuste. We also have two children aged 2 and 3, so know the sort of thing you are after. We have stayed in the Barcelo Hotel in Fuerteventura, which is in a great central position but I believe is pricey at Xmas. It is a 4 star hotel and I think it deserves it 4 star rating. The food is also good and the entertainment too. We feel very safe in Caleta and it is great for children.

Due to the increase in prices at the Barcelo we have found another hotel called the Elba Sara(Also 4 star) and are due to stay there in the Easter holidays for a week. We got an excellent price as we tend to book our accommodation and flights seperately. It seems to save us quite a bit. The hotel looks great, you can read the revies on here. It has a playground for the children and seperate kids club plus evening mini disco etc. which our two love. If you want me to let you know the websites we book with lthen let me know. If you need to know anymore then let me know. Regards Dawn
any ideas on what the weather would be like as well - want a week away just after xmas, went here years ago in Sept and it was hot hot hot.
Hi,

We are to going to go away the first week in january. Was meant to be going in september but had to put it off due to work. HAd already done my home work and decided on the Barcelo in Furerteventura.

I have stayed at the Barcelo in Lanzarote in march of this year, cant fault the hotel in lanzarote and the reviews for the one in furteventura seem just had good.

You say you have a 2 and 3 yr old. Obviously the kids club will come in handy, the only let down with the Barcelo in Furtenventura is the minimum age of your little one has to be 4yrs old. I have already spoke to the hotel and they have told me my 3yr old can go in as long as is supervised by myself. She can still join in etc but thye want me or my wife to be there. I have no problem with this as we never leave her anyway and take it in turns staying with her on the days we go to the kids club.

The barcelo in Lanzarote the age is a lot less, cant remember what, i think its 2yrs old. So would be better suited to your little people, if the kids club would make a difference.... The hotel is great and again cant fault it ( just a little windy where it is ).

Weather, well its better than england a bit hit and miss but more hit

hope this helps
We are looking for somewhere nice to book for xmas and new year in any of the Canaries.
Either a hotel with family rooms for 4. 2adults & 2kids (11 and 4) OR an apartment on HB or AI.
Any ideas or recommendations would be great
JO
Hello,sorry to be talking about Christmas so soon :twisted: But we were thinking about going away then.
Both my fella and i will be on our own this year,its the kids turn to spend xmas with our Xs!!
Where's the best place to stay please?A nice hotel :D with a nice beach 8) ! Thanks!!!!
This hotel is probably the best one in Corallejo, it's the only 5 star that I'm aware of http://www.holidayhotels.com/hotel.php?HID=20050921080250777042
Could anybody recommend anywhere for New Year? My partner and I are considering possibly Tenerife - but as I have been there before, somewhere different maybe nice? Also I do not know which resorts would be good for New Year and as we are going to be going self catering, I don't know what to do on the big night??
Katiej,

We went to Fuerteventura for Xmas and New Year. We had a wonderful New Year - Corralejo - everywhere was open (restaurants/shops/bars etc). Mind you you may need to book a restaurant for New Year's Eve, but once you have finished, have a few drinks, then wander down to the local square where it is full of locals and other nationalities. There is a band playing great music, locals giving out streamers etc to bring in the New Year - fantastic atmosphere and when midnight arrives loads of fireworks and everyone hugging each other. Absolutely brilliant.
Hi all. Has anyone been to Fuerteventura over Christmas. We are thinking of going but a lot of people have said it will be really quiet. We went to Lanzarote last year and were very disappointed with our choice of resort and accommodation :cry: . Don't want to make the same mistake this year. Can anyone recommend best resort/hotel. We did self catering last year and wished we were in a hotel with some sort of entertainment. Thanks in advance. Gx
Hi all. No response to my earlier question :cry: . Which is the best resort: Costa Caletta or Corralljeo (soory if I have spelt it wrong :oops: ).
Gx
Hi there,

We went to Corralejo last Christmas/New Year. We had a brilliant time. Stayed at the Bristol Playa on the edge of Corralejo, self catering. Excellent apartments, not great for entertainment in the winter though, definitely a summer family complex. Corralejo was buzzing over Christmas/New Year, everywhere was open, plenty of restaurants, pubs, wine bars, lots of pubs with something on every night (there is a booklet you can pick up in any pub that informs holidaymakers what is going on every night, great idea). If you are looking for a Christmas Day lunch, try and look for somewhere early on. Weather wasn't brilliant, but you don't care as such, just as long as you are away.

There are plenty of hotels/apartments which do cater for familes, on the way home to the airport, we collected a few families from one complex which was full of kids but sorry, don't know the name.

Corralejo was a lot busier than I ever expected as I have been to all the other islands different times of year, pleasantly surprised. New Year is a must, "everyone" gathers in the square, fireworks, music, party hats, very cosmopolitan.

Lots of shops, easy to find a cash point, chemist, dentist, doctor etc.

Never been to Caletta so I can't comment.

Enjoy.
Hi,
I personally would go to Correlejo. I am biased though because I live here.
It will be my first xmas on the island and I have been talking to people and it won't be as lively as England will be on Xmas day. The reason for that is the Spanish people have Xmas day on 6th Jan, so that is the best time to come. Having said that, all the bars and restaurants are business as usual and there should be a party atmosphere on xmas eve. The weather here is still lovely and Xmas isn't rammed down your throat like it is back home so it's different. If you are here on New Years Eve that will be brilliant. We expect a fair few tourists over the period so it will be good fun. A lot of places are already booked up for Xmas dinner so if you need any help getting phone numbers, just give me a shout.
Hi
:) :) :)
Could anybody please tell me what the weather is like over Christmas in Corralejo as i have never been to the Canaries before.

My family are flying out of Manchester on the 23rd December for a two week stay at the Atlantis Suite Resort Corralejo.

Also does anybody know if the resort is quiet over the Christmas period as i have a teenage daughter and dont want her to be bored.

Cheers for any help.
x x
Hi all. Thanks for your replies. Very much appreciated. I think it looks like we will go for Corralejo. Will let you know where we end up booking. :D
I am sure you will have a wonderful time in Corralejo, as I said in my earlier post, I was pleasantly surprised, thinking it would be extremely quiet and rather dull, but no. Very much a family and couples place, and so relaxed. Been to the other Islands, other times of year, but I would certainly go back to Corralejo again.

As for a very good meal, there is one restaurant we would certainly recommended and that is is Los Pepes. One of the best, and I mean the best, steaks I have ever ever had, It is a very small restaurant (8-10 tables), so you do need to book well in advance, but well worth it. Other restaurants to try are the Slow Boat Chinese Restaurants, we found Slow Boat III to best. But whatever your preference over there at Christmas and New Year, you will thoroughly enjoy. We off to Cyprus this year.
Hi
Sorry to disappoint but Los Pepes is booked up for xmas day already and has been for weeks. If you want to awsk Viv about other days call her on 0034928537276. The xmas grapevine is out now, log on to http://www.fuerteventuragrapevine.net to download all the info you need.
Los Pepes booked up for Xmas already! No surprise there, fantastic place.
I'm going to Caleta on Wednesday the 20th. Hoping to book the Argentinian restaurant (Mirando Al Sur I believe it's called) The people I'm going with went early last year and say the food is excellent.
Hi Zonda. Where do you fly from? We are going out on the 20th from East Midlands. Gx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.