Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
I don't know if you have read these reviews on another forum

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g189112-d315060-Reviews-Monica_Isabel_Aparthotel-Albufeira_Algarve.html

You don't say how long you are staying but briefly here in the Algarve you will find that on Christmas Eve pretty well everything closes down early. That includes bars and restaurants. Portuguese people have a big family meal and attend midnight mass. Christmas Day will see some bars and restaurants open in town, but naturally shops etc are closed. December 26th (Saturday) is not a holiday so it's business as usual.

New Year's Eve (if you are here) is a massive street party with free music and firework displays down in the old town.

Fingers crossed for the weather. It has been pretty good here for the past few years.
Thanks cubsur
Looks like we'll miss out on NYE 24th to the 31st
yes i have looked at trip advisor,but i thought there might be someone on here who has been recently
Anyway its booked now so there's no going back we'll just have to hope for the best ,
cant be worse than the weather were getting at the moment ,so it will make a nice change
oddjob
For what it is worth - I came back from Albufeira a week ago and met two ladies staying at the Monica Isabel apartments. Their comments to me were that it was rather faded but that the food was very good! Hope that helps and do have a good trip!
For what it is worth - I came back from Albufeira a week ago and met two ladies staying at the Monica Isabel apartments. Their comments to me were that it was rather faded but that the food was very good! Hope that helps and do have a good trip!

Thanks Ginnie
Thats what i've been waiting to hear ,as long as the foods ok that'll do for me,bit of good weather and and a few beers what else do we need.
oddjob
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.