Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hi

we have been a few times for xmas and new year, the weather was about 16-20 some days warm enough to wear t shirts other days light rain, in the evenings it was very cold and a winter coat is needed. we went to the 3 bells in icmeler for xmas and new year dinners ,very good value and had a good night, turks dont really celebrate xmas so it didnt feel special but they do celebrate new year, we enjoyed our few xmas holidays there and would do it again. the old town of marmaris near the marina was mainly open for bars, restaurants shopping etc, although not all the bazaar is open. anything else you want to know ask away although im going to turkey early hours of thurs wahoooo :sun2
hi

many thanks for your info, i,m thinking of going for the new year, going on sept 12th, just for a week, then hope to go for new year, i,m totally fed up with new year here, doing the same things, catering to the family and doing the babysitting, so this year it,s going to be about me and hubby having a good time.

regards
marnie xx
The Turks don't celebrate Christmas at all being Muslims but as Ellie says they do celebrate new year. When I lived in Turkey I would come home for Christmas and go back for new year. I lived in Bodrum and it was fairly quiet and the weather was never good, it was freezing and rained a lot. New year was good though, everyone was out celebrating.

You are probably best going new year rather than Christmas.
ooh i would love to go to marmaris for the new year...possibly next year!

but i do have one question though... do you still get hassled as much when you are walking past shops/restaurants etc? :think
I don't know about Marmaris but there is no haasle in Bodrum in the wintertime. It is lovely being able to walk about without anyone trying to try to get people in their restaurants.
hi

not really the odd 1 in the bazaar gives you a small amount of hassle, but we found most of them wanted a friendly chat. when we were there it was warm enough a few times to sit on the beach in t shirts, we did infact eat our meal on the beach in akyaka 1 december. i personally prefer marmaris out of season, the old town is lovely in the winter
Hi
Was just wondering what its like in Didim Altinkum for Christmas and New year would like to know as I am thinking about going there for the Festive Season.

Sheena
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.