Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
This was a typical day over the christmas period in 2004.
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/1685/coralhiltonnuweibaxmas0ti2.th.jpg
Certainly good sunbathing weather!
well here's hoping that there is no rain in sharm, and it is comfortably hot, and the pool at hotel is going to be a heluva lot warmer than in may!!!!

i am going back to the Royal albatros moderna - went here on recommendation from people i kept in touch with in turkey, and, i have spoken to other people that have had better (grand Azure) and worse hotels a four star orange coloured building opposite macdonalds dont know name...........

so stick with what i know i think!!!
hey
loved the picture

where the turkey!!!!!!
any one got any pics of xmas in sharm at xmas they want to share???

obviously not any rudies!!!!!
You mean as opposed to Christmas in Sharm at Easter?

:rofl
yes
that is xmas also known as christmas, not easter LOL

:D

or christmas eve, or christmas week.........
i have posted some on here before...i will try and search to find them for you..x
oh i cant use the search facility at the moment.

and i think the threads here dont go back far enough....i will sort a few out.....and try and post them over the weekend.

we went there on boxing day....and stayed for the new year.

right i'ver found the thread...but my pictures have gone...i think thats imageshacks fault...i will repost them for you sometime over the weekend..x
thanks

look forward to it.

give me your thoughts of egypt over xmas/n.w
and weather and stuff!!!
was it last year you went?
and was it charming in sharm?
Hi all
I went last christmas and new year to sharm for 19 days.I honestly cannot recall a bad days weather in the entire holiday.It was perfect weather for me [mid 70's] as we took our 11 month old with us.It was hot enough to sunbathe and also cool enough to go out and about.I personally think the canaries is slightly hotter but with a higher chance of rain.
We stayed at the sultan gardens and had a fabulous time.Our junior suite suited us down to the ground because of the kitchenette [heating baby food/bottles and of course our morning cuppa].The staff are second to none.
At christmas the hotel has decorations and a large christmas tree in reception.Christmas night and new years eve,Basil [good guy and manager ] lays on gala dinners.We went to naama bay christmas night and ate at the hard rock cafe so i cant comment on that gala meal, but we had the gala meal on new years eve.The meal and spread was fantastic but the sheer numbers maid it a bit of a pain getting to it!
You do have to pay extra for it [unless you pay at time of booking] but i would recommend it.
Ray
hi finding nemo.

right here are some of my xmas pictures of sharm...

we went in 2004....went boxing day and stayed till the new year.

everywhere was decorated.....lights trees and a few father christmases!!

most hotels put on a gala meal for xmas day and new years eve.....a fantastic spread if i say so myself....at our hotel we had statues carved out of what i can only describe as butter....it was a real sight!!!

the weather was lovely...shorts and tee shirts...sunbathing on the beach.....it did get dark though about 5pm....and then it was slightly cooler with me wearing a cardi!!

we would definately go there again for xmas...and the new year.

we stayed at the sonesta club.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/296/pb260028bc0.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/4634/pb260032wd6.jpg

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/3043/pb260031dt3.jpg
hey

thats looks great.........cant wait to go!!!!

yep, abit of christmas sunbathing is just what the doctor ordered

have booked the royal albatros moderna (stayed here beginning of may), on recommendation from someone we met in turkey.........
so better the devil you know with hotel!
dont know that hotel...but i really dont think you can go wrong anywhere in sharm.

have a brilliant time..xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.