Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Christmas & NYE
34 Posts
Hi Lou Lou,
We have been to Nuweiba, which is just up the coast from Sharm, for Christmas and New Year. We had the BEST time and were very surprised at how they catered for a "Traditional Christmas", which we did not expect. We stayed at The Coral Hilton in Nuweiba and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone. Pictures from friends who visited this last Christmas, indicate it is even better now!
Lou Lou

I would second what Carrot said. We have spent the past 4 Xmas' at the Coral Hilton and this year we stayed for New Year. Would highly recommend this paradise resort.

Bex
What did I say Bex :?:
Ooops soz - Carrot said, Not Alanwall.
Alan. will you please stop impersonating me? :roll:
Bex, I'm far better looking than Alan! :lol:
I'm better looking than the both of them :wink:

Never spent Xmas in Egypt---would absolutely love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

especially Nuweiba :)
Wouldn't go anywhere else for Christmas and New Year. Book early because it gets busy!

Been last two years to Sharm - after trying other places - and have just booked for this year - have enjoyed it so much are going for 3 weeks instead of 2!! Booked through travelrepublic this time as not many tour operators do 3 weeks. 1st year went to Kiroseiz - brilliant but wanted to be near the beach. Last year went to Tropicana Grand Oasis - wouldn't recommend it. This year going Sultan Gardens (old Holiday Inn) - anybody else been to that hotel? :P
Haven't been to Sultan Gardens but there are four of us going for Xmas and NYE (and my 50th birthday). Have done a lot of research and the Sultan Gardens seems to get good reviews so we are really looking forward to it. Don't want to wish my life away but can't wait!!
see you there then! :lol:
Look forward to it. Never been to Sharm before so it will be a new experience!
Has anybody stayed in Egypt for xmas and if so what was it like ......atmosphere.....resorts........ any other information would be great
I did Christmas 2006 in El Gouna and I thought it was one of the best I have celebrated since my kids were little. There's a wonderful atmosphere and everything is geared up for the kids.

Having your Christmas dinner on 24th is a little strange, but I found it refreshing to eat, drink and relax as the local school choir sang all the usual festive songs in a mixture of languages.

Despite the bright sunshine on the 25th, we were suitably entertained by the kids Christmas concert (all age groups from the local schools did a turn on the stage) in the Downtown area. Santa made an appearance and all the hotels have Christmas trees. I opted for a Sakkara or 2 in Jobo's while enjoying the sights and sounds of a truly unique Christmas Day.

All in all, a delightful experience. I can't wait to do the same this year (honest, Santa, I've been a good boy).....

WG
I echo WillieG's sentiments entirely. We were very surprised at the amount of trouble the hotels go to to convey a Christmas feeling for their guests. Santa Claus, decorations, turkey, all the trimmings. Most unexpected in a mostly Muslim country but most welcome. I would imagine that the memories for young kids would last forever, seeing Father Christmas on the beach riding a camel!
anyone going to this hotel for christmas? we are flyng on 23 december for 7 nights from manchester with excel airlines, 4 adults and 2 children 12 and 10. anyone been to this hotel for christmas? do they celebrate christmas do they have santa claus?
am flying out on the 25th dec stay in sharm at the sonesta club
Hi Shamus, are you talking about the Sultan Gardens? If so, we're staying over Christmas and new year (22/12 to 01/01 - we'll also be celebrating my 50th birthday!!! Never been to Egypt before so really looking forward to it.
I'm thinking of trying Egypt for xmas this year instead of the Canaries and just wondered which resort is best for weather at that time of year ?
Friends of ours have been to Sharm a couple of times at xmas and reckon it's slightly cooler than the Canaries, but the pools are warmer. Would it be slightly hotter in, say, Hurghada as it's further south ?
Thanks.
i thought it would be much hotter than the canaries at xmas.............
i have been to tenerife 15 years on and off at xmas, and always cool, cold and can rain.

i do hope it isnt like that in sharm????
i was hoping it to be very hot!!!!!! and hot and hot!!!!
I know what you mean, one kind of think's of Egypt as permanently roasting hot. But if you look at the tour operator brochure temperature charts, they show Sharm as 20 degrees in December whereas the Canaries are more like 24.

We've done the Canaries 3 times over the past few years and the weather's always been superb. But it certainly does vary, not only island to island, but between resorts on a given island.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.