Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
i would absoloutly have kacked myself !!!!!!

that may explain why the plane didnt get back to Gatwick last night, in fact i dont think they have a time yet for its return
Im glad everyone is safe do we know were there any of the forum members on the flight ....
Not always totally accurate but ACARS would suggest a Thompson rescue plane G-OOAN [Boeing B763]
is on the way to Dabolim. A hazard guess would be it left Gatwick at about 16:30 so should get there around 7am local time. . I can't believe the facilities to manage TOM 52 were so inadequate. But, we've all seen the guy with the small fire extinguisher standing by our plane as it's refuelled, barely big enough to extinguish a chip pan!!
EDIT*Having said that it would appear G-OOAN performed the out bound leg on Saturday so there is a conflict of information here ....lets wait & see
I have been wondering what had happened to the inbound flight, having noticed that it had not yet arrived in Gatwick. What an absolute nightmare for everyone involved but I'm so pleased to learn that no one was hurt.
Technical faults can happen to any aircraft but can you imagine getting it fixed in India?

Having seen the way they build hotels and the way they wire them I am not sure I would want to fly on any aircraft fixed by them.

My bet is a U.K. based engineer will fly out to repair it.

Had an interesting conversation with an aircraft mech.He told me he gets flown all over the world tools and all to fix aircraft stranded on the ground.He said most airlines do not trust foreign based engineers even if they have the facilities to do it.

His most recent trip(please try to conceal your envy I could not) was to Mexico.By the way he flys business class everywhere.When he got there he was stranded for two weeks in a 5* All Inclusive resort waiting for a part to arrive.Tough life hey.

On a more serious note I am glad I was not on that flight I would have been terrified(if the captain informed them that is).

The average age of Thomsons 767 fleet is around 18 years so they are bound to have technical faults from time to time.

We fly with them on 01st March. :yikes :yikes

Papa

Off to the Flight forum to see if there is any more news.
We came back on G-OOAN two weeks ago - if indeed that was the plane on Sat.
News from the flight forum: It was indeed G-OOAN, and it's been fixed and due to return today.. Still showing a blank time on Gatwick's website .
I'll try to forget that registration as we're flying out on that flight on 27th Feb :yikes not that I'm a nervous flier!
When we were coming back from Goa 2 years ago, we passed a flight engineer on our way to board the plane, so maybe they have one based there for the season - nice work if you can get it :tup
The article says the passengers had to disembark via a ladder, as it was an emergency landing I am wondering why the chutes weren't used. :think Also it's scary to think that Dabolim doesn't have the equipment to move the plane from the runway. :yikes

Very glad everyone disembarked safely, not sure how I would have coped with this situation......a bit of turbulence and I am a quivering wreck...... :cry

Fizz
omg :yikes it would have been squeeky bum time straight on the coffee after that
Wonder how they were treated on arrival ?
I bet the chap at the bottom of the ladder wanted a tip :)
I bet the chap at the bottom of the ladder wanted a tip :)

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
I have this picture in my mind of over 250 people all wearing their winter woolies taking the long walk back up the runway to the terminal building in 30 degree heat.

Cannot wait to hear on the forum from someone who was on the flight.

Papa
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.