Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I've heard that they've introduced Club UK , can see it only being useful for reward bookings , just had a quick look at a random date in June and it's about £20 more for MAN flights , but double the price of economy to GLA , EDI , ABZ , simply not worth paying , you're looking at paying out over £100 more for a rtn flight to get a seat next to you free and free drinks . I know CE gets knocked a bit , but I do use it when flying to Lanzarote and it's worth the extra for that length flight , I booked flights for June in economy with a weeks car hire for the 2 of us for £350 and have upgraded to CE on the way out for £100 total , it's nice to get a bit more room , the bar and service is very good and I think the food is very good too , I think it's worth £50 extra pp , this time I will find out what BoB is like on the return , we will have something to eat in the airport and just buy drinks on board , my opinion at the moment is that I think they should have introduced payment for food and kept a free bar , b
I can see people perhaps paying if they need tier points.
We are in economy in July to Zante. Now wondering if I should forgo the exit seats for ones nearer the front so I might have a chance of something to drink or eat.
Of course , it's the tier points , I've done Jersey in CE to get the points and take the 30 min sprint to eat a breakfast and down the champagne before the wheels get lowered for landing !! I really do like travelling in CE to Lanzarote , I think the U/G price I've paid is excellent and would be willing to go a bit higher , but there is a point where you add up the benefits and wonder if it's overpriced . I've also heard the food service is not that great in economy , and it's not really about knocking BA about BoB but more about it not having been their business model and it appears that they can't even match the LCCs that do it very well , I don't think that cabin crew are 100% behind it and are a bit fed up with getting grief about the cost cutting . I do get why BA have done it , it's to cut the waste from the free food they used to serve which ended up being viewed as crap in a wrap , I think offering to serve better food by attaching a price is reasonable whilst keeping fares as low as possible to price fight the LCCs . A free bar service would see it still being viewed as a " full service carrier " as it currently now is being viewed as a poor service LCC but with free baggage . Why don't you see if there is reward availability in CE for your flight to Zante or recheck the current price to see what CE costs and upgrade with money ? I booked reward flights to Lanzarote for November they did have CE available on the way out so I'm flying CE out , economy rtn and it was 51,000 avios and £85 , normal pricing at the time would have cost about £560 . The other thing with the U/G price is that I'm silver so get the biz checkin and lounge anyway so the only extra benefit I'm getting is the seating and food / drink service .
I did check the flight but is fully booked! When I originally booked it, it was cheaper than easyjet.
I am silver just now. So will make good use of the lounge before the flight!
i usually get a can of soft drink and some kettle crisps from the lounge , probably like everyone else !!
Yes- there will probably be searches soon on the way out!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.