Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Hi Shane

I'm in Australia too and in the past I've booked on line with Thai Airways to Phuket. I've just put in a dummy booking with Thai to KS and got up to putting in my details without any problems. Nowhere did it state tickets had to be bought in Thailand. Have another go it might be just a glitch.

Have you bought your travel insurance? as the Australian insurance companies have removed the cancellation clause for flights and hotels Grrr.

Just be careful with BKK Airways if you don't like propeller planes. However, over the past few years they now have jet planes but you need to be aware that they still fly props on some of the flights over and back from KS.
I have booked tickets with Bangkok Airways with no bother in the past. Give it another go just incase it was a glitch.
Thanks guys for the feedback. I will try tonight. What has held me from doing so is that in the terms of purchase it states as quoted that must be bought in Thailand and I was afraid to loose my tickets when I got to the gate to board. also I spoke with a local travel agent who told me that it would all be good until you actually went to submit payment then payment would not be able to be go through.
But as stated above it seems that it has been done in the past so I will give it a whirl.

I will let you know the outcome

Thanks again.
Yeh - no problem booking either online, but note Thai only have 2 flights a day, and they book up very quick, and note what Gerib says - about 50% of their flights are on props - but they are very modern! I quite like them even if they do add 10 minutes to journey time!

If you havn't booked international flights yet - have a look at prices on Thai all the way through, as from the UK on some specials they throw in domestics free of charge - can save over £130 each, so worth making sure you look at overall price.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.