Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
cancelled flight
25 Posts
Hi ellynewton ... I'm glad to hear that you managed to secure alternative flights while there were still some available. The CAA now has issued a press release informing the media of the collapse and so availability of alternative flights could change dramatically tomorrow. Unfortunately, I think a few folk may be in for disappointing Christmas.

David :wave
For those pax who are boooked to travel within the next few weeks, take some advice and try and book an alternative flight and claim the money you paid to CT2. It will be costly in the short term but atleast you get your holiday. Loads of flight only companys have seats left! Good luck to all :D
I work for a major UK travel agent, and we have been dealing with calls all morning for flights over xmas, i really urge you to get booked up if you find seats available do start phoneing around trying to get better prices as seats are going very fast, most flights leaving prior to xmas are now sold out, there are the odd schedule flight with the likes of BA, or lowcost seats on Globespan but are few and far between.
To everyone caught up in this CT2 fiasco, Jet2 have just added extra capacity and flights on the 22nd Dec and 2nd Jan. Those Christmas and New Year trips might not be ruined after all. It's a shame that at times like this the exploitative greedy face of capitalism comes to the fore with BA charging £500 for a single and Monarch at £700 return. In comparison my Jet2 return was £300 cheaper.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.