Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
We looked at the coach from Bolton for our cruise 5th June.
It left Moor Lane bus station at 7.45am with estimated arrival time of 13.30 - 14.00. Total return price was £75 each so we have booked the train instead, Manchester Piccadilly/Southampton Central, direct one left about 7.30am, arrive 11.50 ish for £49 return with Cross Country Trains with reserved seats. Coming back it leaves Southampton at 12.15, again with no change of trains.
Plenty going back to Manchester from Southampton but a lot have 2 changes en route which we didnt want to do.
We considered taking the car but £80 parking for week plus 2 full tanks of petrol to get there & back didnt seem worth it.
The coach does appear the more expensive but I have been told once you put your cases on you dont see them again till on board the ship, whereas we have to keep an eye on our cases and then get a taxi to docks but that should only be a few pounds and I think the train is more relaxing than a coach. We shall see!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.