Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
CoCo Beach
15 Posts
Agree it's not the nicest beach in North Goa but the sea there was without doubt the safest where the kids were concerned. We had the best meal of our entire holiday at Lovely jubbly shack. making my mouth water just thinking about it.
Hi Sim1,

I hope you enjoyed your holidays, i thought there was only about four shacks open on CoCo beach, I will have to check it out.

Where else did you venture out to and did you find anywhere special to eat?.

Mike
Hi Mike
I was actually referring to a previous holiday in my reply. We havn't been yet this season....due to fly out next Saturday. Last time we were there we ate at lovely jubbly on Coco beach one lunchtime and the food was excellent. We have had many excellent meals in Goa but that meal was my hubbies favourite.
This beach is absolutely horrible!!! I don't actually know what is in the sea, but when i made the mistake of going in the sea it looked like i had black hair all over my body, think it might have been oil :?
I agree, it does seem to be a bit safer than the other beaches, but i still wouldn't go back.
I agree.... the water at Coco Beach is disgusting. As mentioned in a post a long time back, the Nerul river adjacent to Coco Beach is a known dumping ground for illegal sewage. Also the tide deposits a lot of ships waste into the sea from the constant traffic of ore barges up and down the Mandovi. I thought the location was nice but the sea very polluted, when I swum in it there were some very strange looking 'particles' in it. I don't know if it was coincidence but me and my partner were very ill for a few days after that. The locals at the beach wont tell you anything bad about the sea around there but after making a few enquiries outwith got a few bad reports. In my opinion..... don't swim there!
agree with you there neil, only time i have ever been ill in goa was after swimming in sea at coco beach.never again.
I also agree. I have only been there once and that was enough. Swimming in the water there I was left with a film of oil on my skin....and it wasn't sun tan oil either :lol:
Coco each is a tip. Had the misforune to spend some time there during a day out from Candolim.
Just returned from Coco Beach and found it better than ever, the sea is clear depth 5 foot and you can see the bottom and small fish. It is a working beach but probably one of the safest no under current. Lovely Jubbly is open as well as other shacks the food has always been excellent there, with plenty of sun beds and no beach sellers pestering!! I have found it to have been one of the best. :D
Coco beach where the Mandovi river meets the sea,upstream Pangim, with 60 million litres of sewage per day going in!!!
Yeah, keep your mouth closed when you swim there :yikes
Must agree the worst beach in Goa :yikes
ann
Is this subject still rumbling on???? Quite frankly it is not to everyones liking and the same can be said for the CCB stretch. Just don't go there.......each to their own. :shush
Is this subject still rumbling on????

Yes it is, nice to see someone posting about the amount of sewage in the Mandovi. It may be attractive but it's not clean..... fact. At least there is a better tidal flow at Calangute.

This may be slightly OT but read some Goan childrens essays about pollution in Goa

http://www.geocities.com/subhodeep1_in/essays-goa.htm These children seemed to be more tuned into the pollution of their beautiful state than anyone.

Back on topic... you should be more concerned about what is 'rumbling' into the Nerul if I was you.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.