Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Coco Beach ?
5 Posts
no shacks there last season,just a couple of boats going out to annoy dolphins
Along with the monsoon damage there were big issues with the local fishing boats and the people operating jet skis and motor boats.
Shacks that went up last 2 seasons were pulled down due to not having licences, I think there is still a stone built structure that offers accommodation and sun beds though..
Taxi drivers last season were still offering trips to the place - was great in 1999, but not now.
We are friendly with a shack owner who used to have a shack on Coco - did not have one there last year and as at last year there were no shacks on the beach. It did use to be nice but then it got very dirty and the fishermen did not want shacks there anyway as it really was a working beach :(
There was a stall that sold T shirts there last year but behind whats left of the beach (no sand at high tide) - no food and drink that I recall.

Nicky who used to run Luverly Jubbly shack there has re-located to Ashvem and also has (at least had last year) a restaurant in the village that was a bit rough round the edges but good. Used by locals & tourists alike. Blackie (fishing) who was also based at coco Beach is doing something completely different but I can't remember what. Think it was further up North because we didn't see him last year, just spoke to some people that new him.

There are a couple of english ex-pats that run a fishing business (Aardvark angling) that are based there now.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.