Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I stand by the advise that I gave in the original topic. Whilst it is - of course - good that the OP received compensation, certain protocols need to be followed in order to get to it.

It looks like a good will gesture was given by Thomson and they should be commended for it. However, that doesn't mean that the next person will get the same treatment and if proper protocol is not followed they may be disappointed by the outcome.

Mark
Now, perhaps an apology from said certain individuals on this site wouldn't go amiss?

I'm sure that everybody is happy that rilou81 eventually received a positive response from the TO so let's leave it at that. My experience is that this thread is not the place to post 'articles' - it's for asking for and receiving advice on how to pursue a complaint but that advice is only ever going to be as good as the info posted. OK, so I've been around long enough to feel able to say that I think that everybody who replied to the original post did so in good faith but pointing the finger now is not going to get us anywhere and I can see no point in opening up a further discussion about the rights and wrongs of the way the original thread developed.

Whatever she felt at the time rilou81 has now decided to return and become an active member of the forum again which I welcome. I think she has shown that she has got over the original upset, so perhaps the time has come for the rest of us to get over it too?

SM
I suggest you re-read the first thread again before you say:
It seemed obvious from the beginning that you merely wanted to let FirstChoice/Thompson know about certain things that you deemed unsatisfactory about your hoilday,

fwh made a very good point in his post dated Saturday 11th September at 10:08am.

So, as for this:
Now, perhaps an apology from said certain individuals on this site wouldn't go amiss?

:zip I'm out.

And welcome to the website.
originallad thank you so much for the support you have shown posting that :) means a lot it really does. Thank you for also seeing that I was not a compensation junkie ha ha!!
I do not want any apology though as feel my complaint being taken seriously and been rewarded is more than enough ;)
That may start up all the arguments again and i really don't want that!

It was never my intention to start up debates or disagreements again, I came onto here just to let others know if they feel they have not received 100% what they paid for in a holiday then they should complain.

sma I agree, I like coming on here to see where I should go next on holiday, to offer advice on where I have been and to find where not to go! The last thing I want is all the past dragging up and getting into debates again.

Champas and chocs are arriving tomorrow not today after all!! Think I will save them for Friday when fingers crossed our house goes up for sale!!! xx
No problem :)

I just wanted to say my peace and i think that's fair enough.

Apologies for drudging the whole saga up again though.

I whole heartedly agree with you on the point of complaining if something isn't right with your holiday. Otherwise, how are travel companies going to know if something is wrong and rectify the problem?

And if, like yourself, you receive some form of compensation, then like i said before, it's a nice bonus!

Good luck with the sale of your house! :tup
Hi I know this thread is very old but wondering if any member are still active and could please help me with my current complaint
Kaylieanne88, you might be better starting a new thread with as much information as you can give...
I've done that thank you
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.