Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
HI, can you remind us of your original problem please or put a link to it? It's hard to pass comments if we can't recall your original problem. On the face of it, it seems you were right to progress with your complaint. Well done!
Thanks. I am not broadcasting the reasons for complaint again as I do not want a full blown debate/argument again, too much energy after last time! I am in the process of selling our home and that stress enough!!

Its just a few people were nice to me and I wanted to let them know it all came good and to help others see that there is a shining light and sometimes its worth doing!

They have got back to us again stating they will re-look at our letter and get back to us regarding a new offer and the chocs and champas will arrive monday!! x
Hi,glad you got a good result,it may be worth asking if you could have a cheque instead,that way you can decide when and with whom you want to take your next holiday with.Well done !!
I agree there . IMO they have admitted some liability by offering you the £500 worth of vouchers rilou. I would suggest /request they make any new offer in money and not vouchers .
Oh thanks for the replies :)

I did say to hubby that they may offer money instead but to be honest I think we may prefer vouchers as I know we will spend them again next year. Otherwise the money will just get plugged into our house sale!
Good point though as we may not want to use their company next time as they may not be the cheapest!

I am more excited about the champagne and chocs delivery! ha ha xx
I was going to say the same thing re accepting a cash offer, but if you're happy with using them again, with their vouchers then that's up to you :tup

Well done, am glad you stuck it out. :cheers
think we may prefer vouchers as I know we will spend them again next year.

Could be a good plan in ensuring you get a holiday next year Rilou :rofl

Only problem I foresee there is they may only accept those vouchers against the full brochure price and not the very best price you can get via internet etc . It may limit you somewhat

If you decide to accept vouchers do double check that & also if you can use them with an agent or against an on line booking . They wont be any good to you if they are going to cost you in the long run .

lyn
Sorry I know you wont be able to use them on-line but I would want any booking made via phone or agent to have matched that on-line price before you mention or hand over any vouchers. hope that makes sense.
Yep total sense thanks. Hubby has been briefed on what to say! :D
We have been told of so many people to turn the 1st offer down. I think there was a Ros on here that always said it.

I just wanted to query whether Ros (now retired) ever advised a client to automatically refuse the first offer, let alone 'always said it'.

Surely any offer made should be viewed on its own merit and accepted or rejected on that basis.
Not sure to be honest, I have seen it on here though and other websites many times.

Anyhoo, last and final offer was £600 vouchers plus to champagne and chocs!!!!! Very pleased xx
Very pleased that you got compensation and that you are feeling more positive about the whole experience! I too would have been delighted with the champagne and chocs on top! ENJOY!! ;)
Thank you, its a much more positive experience on here this time! I have already started to answer a few Q's on the other sections!

Its nice to know that the holiday company are going to contact the resort about the issues, I did explain that we already had and that they were looking into them for us :)

It really is nice to get something back as we were only ever complaining. My mum made very sure though that we turned the 1st offer down ha ha! She still does not think we got enough bless her-think that's just my mum though as she never goes on hols!

Thomson said the main reason was the fact we had no rep in resort, didn't turn up to the meetings etc... she said it was not good enough and should not have happened and our other probs could maybe have been sorted if she had.

Well never mind, onwards and upwards. Looking forward to a knock at the door monday........half term....chocs and champas.......oh go on then ;) xxx
Bet it will be one of those silly boxes of chocolates with just the 2 in .What are we supposed to do with those . :rofl
They are coming special delivery from marks & Spencer's so they had better be nice!!

If there is only 2 I may have to hide them from the hubby!! x
Many thanks for the update. It is always appreciated by the members when the outcome of a complaint is posted after they have given time answering and advising, even if the responses are not always what you wanted to hear.

Glad you got it sorted out to your satisfaction.

luci :wave
I am so glad that you are happy with the response :)

I have read through the original thread and just think that there was a slight clash because people of course have different expectations in life and we are all not the same.

I can only go off my own experience of a holiday from hell and I vowed never to use that company again after it, so of course vouchers were no good for me and I demanded cash. As there was some very positive aspects of your holiday aswell as the bad ones I think that the compensation amount is excellent and I am glad that you have a good outcome.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.